Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
latest excursions...

How's it going with you?! My latest fishing adventure I just posted on the boating board, and previous to that, REEL MAN and I fished Lynnhaven Inlet by KaYaK and caught Spot and a 26" inch Drum on a 3-way using a 3 inch Storm Shad...... Also, and very sadly, I lost my $$ baitcasting outfit to some stupidity on my part, trying to do too many things at once in a KaYaK in a swift current. That pretty much ruined the day for me. But, at least now I'm in the market for a good baitcasting rig. And, I never really liked the drag system on that set-up; although I loved the rod.
I need to get out and fish from the surf soon. I'm very bummed that the piers; especially Grandview, are gone... I have a boat I need to take for a test run and then I can fish the CBBT more this winter. I should have more to report soon. The charters will start any week now, and we'll fun fish A LOT when the BIG BOYS move in. Maybe next week during the week we could go scare some fish?! Keep it in mind............ Until then. Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good

Glad to see you're still fishing, I think almost everyone has lost a rig or two. Me, Myself lost one about four years ago, fishing for Cats in a pay pond outside of Atlanta. The bad part for me was the rod had a handle made of cork so I had to watch my rod make two trips around the lake then it got pulled down directly in the center. I started to go in after it, but If you've ever seen some of those pay to fish pond's water you can understand why I didn't.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOT SURE

I haven't heard of any, but the truth is I was only catching catchfish because they have no saltwater around Atlanta or Augusta. The closest place was Tybee Island, or Charleston S.C.

I'm a true salty at heart, but those catfish taste pretty good with some homemade cornbread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts