Pier and Surf Forum banner

hey kingfish.....

5K views 50 replies 13 participants last post by  BubbaHoTep 
#1 ·
we need to wet a line, real soon.

did you fish the rumble this weekend? Heard they were taking six footers ofer the bow at belky, but there were fish there.

#2 ·
we need to wet a line, real soon.

Yeah you all do need to wet a line. Perhaps you can catch some of these. :D:D:D

The first 2 next to my foot weighed 3.6 and 3.4 lbs!

Same fish, different pose. All six were caught last Saturday. Great way to start the vacation - too bad the weather turned but I did manage a few good days of fishing!

Sorry to hijack your thread Brandon! :D

Britt

#3 ·
. . . .
Same fish, different pose. All six were caught last Saturday. Great way to start the vacation - too bad the weather turned but I did manage a few good days of fishing!

Sorry to hijack your thread Brandon! :D

Britt
You've got to be the pomp-catchinist Tennessean I've ever seen! Based on the pics you've posted here (and not just on this thread), I'm going to have to take a bottle of that Holston River water down there to the Strand and cast a spell on those fish! :D

Great Job!

#20 ·
that's beat up Brit, first you catch all my pompano, then you hijack my threat.

I thought we were all friends.:D

#26 ·
Hey Britt, either those are mighty small fish or you have a really BIG foot. I think those are really big fish though... :-D NICE FEESH!!! You are a pomp catchin' fool!!! :beer:

#28 ·
I have met miss "Peggy Hill" and her big feet.

J/K Brit, you have nice feet.:D

#31 ·
That is pretty positive, don't doubt you. However, i have been using sabiki rigs offshore here for a long time, probably 30 years at least, and have never caught a pompano. You will catch anything on one, and I do mean a lot of stuff, I have caught pompano on the sabiki rigs in the gulf of mexico, huge ones too, both sides of the Mississippi River.

If you don't mind sharing, where when and what size was this sabiki pompano off Myrtle Beach. If there is something I might help you with don't hesitate to ask.

#35 ·
Now which direction was the wind blowing, how hard? What about the birds? Did you shave that day? What did you have for breakfast? Cream in your coffee? Sugar?:D

#36 ·
wind was blowing southeast less than 10knts in the morning increasing to 15-20 in the afternoon(if got shatty), i never shave on the mornings i fish, i had an egg mcmuffin and 4 cokes to wake me up, i dont drink coffee, anymore ?s brandon want some more of my bait to catch my fish with lol? you need to call in on saturday so we can go yak fishing

#37 ·
You already said 50 feet of water. Many areas fished have names such as Belky Bear and Ten mile Reef. I was asking what area and what size pompano not what size sabiki rig. I also asked when. You don't have to tell me nothing.:D

In fact i prefer you don't bother. The size of the fish is obvious, it appears as juvinile as you. The picture also proves nothing, it appears to be on a john boat type seat, you may have been in the creek, some creek areas have 50 feet of water. You say you have never caught a pompano from the beach, maybe you can only cut and paste one.;)

#39 ·
now boys,play nice....:D

and yes kingfish, we do need to get out and tear into some trout, reel soon. In one of your "holes" you know I do not know where the trout are in the little river.

Wow, this thread has really evolved from me asking kingfish if he fished the rumble, to Britt bragging about her pompano, then everyone ragging on Britt, then a debate over pompano in the ocean, and now back to the first sentance, me and kingfish needing to wet a line.:popcorn::D:popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.