Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off tomorrow, ya up for anything to wet a line (and a whistle)? Don't have to be to work until 12 noon Thursday, so evening or drive would be allright. Come 8pm Thursday night though, off Friday, and I feel the call of AI baby. May not be the whole beach, heck might not even fish, but the Jeep (and myself) feel the needs of sand under her wheels and my feet.

The beachbumb has his flipflops. Will travel!
:cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey shaggy I am down for the narrows again if you and Hat can't meet up. I get off of work at 430 and could be at the narrows by 6 pm. I would probably only stay till 11 again though. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey shaggy,

I would love to come but I guess you guys haven't seen the news. The WW bridge is closed both ways do to a sign they need to fix from last nights storm. The beltway and 95 north bound are both a mess as people are trying to go into town and into Md. Your not going to see me in that mess, it will be hours. :mad:...Tightlines

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know about that retired Hat, something about traffic (didn't know we had a world war bridge) ; > ), but I'm game for some more Narrows, heck, it's home. Guess we should be nice and invite Catman this time, 'cause ain't nothin' worse than a mad cat (had one once, and marked it's territory, which happened to be the whole frickin' house, and only after we left for work). Any others up for some afternoon, evening fishing, Searay (ha, he won't show his face to me until the Skins next win, so, one less angler for fall 2003 and spring/summer 2004. Just joshin Sea)?

Have bunker will travel!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hey Hat;you can probily take 395 to Pensilvania Ave and turn on to 295 north.Its a little tricky and Pa. Avenue is located in a ruffer part of town but it is another way;until they get the WW Bridge fixed.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey Beachbum, I'd love to make it but going to eat crabs tonight with the gang up here. Sorry you're stuck down there Hackin' Hat but glad you made it through the 'cane OK. Jason' you've got entirely too much time on your hands. We need to fix you up with a woman. BTM I'd never p#ss on the house of a Deadhead. Later men.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Nick,

The word is Jason is working on a new GF but I'll let him tell you about it...Tightlines
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
OOOOOHHH you are dirty Hat. Dirty......:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoaaaa, Nelly. Fl just wants to go fishin' for something with gills (i hope). Besides, I don't like no talk about new "Guy Friends", 'cause people, well you know. Besides, the guys on this island are mine. ; > )

And Cat, a Deadhead probably wouldn't notice anyone p#ssed on/in his house for days, and then wouldn't even remember who was there, so all would be safe. :D

And Hackin' world war bridge? You been on the water, retired or both too long.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Come on Shaggy you know me better than that. He meant "Girl Friend":D I got my poles with me and will be heading out right after work today. Like I said should be there around 6 pm at latest. Hopefully we do as well as last time.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I know, but after last week I thought a little humor was good for my soul. I'll be there when you arrive, probably shortly after three, and be (or should be) good until 11. Worked until 3:15 this am to get store back in shape, so I guess I'll act retired, lay down take a nap and then fish. I could get use to this life.

:cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wish I could fish half as much as some of you guys. FL, you're always getting into the action and having success. How do you guys get your lines to hold in the current at Narrows? Do you use fish finder rigs with peelers for big stripers? I had nothing but dinks using large pieces of bloodworms and cut fish.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on down and join us, I'd be happy to show what little I know. Think FL and Anthony both used high/low rigs, me I'm a Carolina (fish finder) rig kinda guy (goes back to AI, enough said). Most time the time three to four ounces holds well enough, but when the currents really moving, 6-8. Use disk or teardrop, not pyramids 'cause lots of subsurface stuff to snag on. Last time out with FL and Anthony, peelers were the choice, but I have had much luck using cut up bunker chunks on a 5/0 hook also. Seems bloods get the dinks and perch, but still it beats getting skunked!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Last time I was there, crabs were the best bait to use. Lots of hits and a 25 inch rockfish that weighed 6 lbs was caught on crab. High-low rigs were what me and Jason were using. Me, Jason and Shaggy were scooping crabs along the pilings and were using them for bait. We also had some cut spot from the previous week that were getting hits as well. Not as many as the crab but Jason did pull out a 22 incher on it. When it became dark, lures were the number one option. Me and Jason were using small bucktails with plastic worms with good success. Wish I could come down there with you guys tonight.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
You can if the woman will let ya!;) But I think you should save your fishing passes for the weekends when you and I can do 2 day trips.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts