Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
''''fish.....Glad you can make it. First of all bookmark the tide chart link that Sandcrab has provided. It's probably one of the best out there. I've been using it for 2 yrs. now.

The 1st. high tide for Saturday is 10:23AM. Although I like to fish the back end of the tide I'm getting there around 8:00AM and fish a little of the incoming. For bait I'm bring bloodworms, some frozen peelers, squid, and some fresh shrimp from the seafood dept at my local Giant.

If you're not from Maryland you're going to need a non-resident chesapeake bay sport fishing license. A VA license isn't any good here. The cost is $14.00. That should just about cover everything. Hope to see you there.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I am almost positive it is. Fished there last time with mine and DNR checked it and didn't say a word. Hmmm........

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Maybe a VA license is OK there. Jason, did you show them you military ID? That may be the reason why your VA license was good. Never mind, just pulled out the sport fishing guide and it says "Anglers with a valid recreational fishing license from either Maryland, Virginia or the Potomac River Fisheries Commission may fish in any portion of the Chesapeake Bay or any of the saltwater/tidal tributaries". Guess that answeres that.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yeah I showed them my military id but that has nothing to do with it unless you are on official leave and have papers to prove it. That is what I do when I go home on leave and do some fishing in FL. It is better than buying a license and only using it once or twice a year:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.