Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using the computer at the library. Haven't figured why I can't post from my home computer. I log in, it acknowledges...but it still says I cannot post, etc.....

Anywone have to deal with this before? If so can you pass on a pointer or two as to what I can do to work this problem out?
Thanks in advance.

BTW: I can't access my account except when I come to the library. Please post any tips you can offer on the boards. I can read them there. Not sure when I will get to the library again. WIth the parking fees and computer waiting list...just don't have the time to do it too often.

Thanks again. My 60 minutes are up. mad:

Later everyone. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
THRIFTY. you set up to accept cookies on ya home machine?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Check your options for this page Thrift

Invisible mode?
Browse board w/cookies?

Might be something there that’s not set right

Go to "my account" at the top, then "options"

FISH ON!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had the same problem. I wrote them "contact" explaining my situation. I even told them that I would donate money if they give me the privilege to post. They sent me a reply with a link. After I clicked on the link, everything worked.

I kept my word and gave them a donation and I am now listed as a supporter.

No big deal. This site is well worth it and I will donate again for furthering our passion for shore fishing. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
About this post

It's late and after hours for the library to be open. Sure was a hassle having to wait in line for a computer to become open.
So........either I am wearing a cat burglers outfit, carrying a flashlight, lock picking tools, and a portable generator......or else my computer has decided to have mercy on me.

And the envelope please.....Of course it is the latter of the two. Strangely enough during this time of computer woes I am able to post...at least for the moment. Could it be that worm made mincemeat out of the bugs in my computer. Naw...I am and have remained worm free.

Topsailbum
Cookies are on. Everything is working on other sites. Thanks.

So catfishmama...how did you and your mom do over the weekend? Which pier did you get to?
I didn't make it to Harrison's but I did get out to TCC to catch bait for a later use. I will start a new thread about that misadventure.

hic-loc
thanks for the tips. One of the problems I was having was in not being able to access the "My Account" page from my home computer. I could log in but it was not really a log in. The site simply acknowledged I had logged in but I didn't get so much as a "Welcome Back Thrifty Angler" in the upper right hand corner of the page. I did not have permission to post replies, edit posts, nothing... I also was unable to access that info while using the library's computer. Just not enough time to do so. 60 minutes goes by very quickly......especially when the guy seated at the computer station next to me kept checking his watch every 30 or so seconds while half raising off his seat every minute or so. The way I figure it...he must have been online with his flame or maybe he was aflame with hemorrhoids or what ever. :rolleyes:
Thanks again for the suggestions.

C-dog
I can honestly say I have only one account on P&S. Flea can vouch for that. As for the Thrifty Angler 2 suggestion....there's only one me. I don't think this site can handle two of me.

ccc6588
Seems the problem was on my end. Nothing flea could help me with. And about the donation thing.....surely you aren't suggesting that Flea would stoop so low as to charge admission. Besides, isn't he around 7 feet or so? That would be one deep knee bend. One for the Guiness Book of World Records.:jawdrop: Thanks for the info.

Glad to be back on. So it's on to another post. Gotta make up for lost time you know.

Just noticed something....when I had too many images in my post, more than two, it didn't acknowledge me as being logged in when I hit the submit post button. Have I hit on something here.....well, time will tell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thrifty,

Mom and I never made it last weekend. The weather forecast was rain, rain, rain so I took her to Charlestown, W.Va. instead. I'm on call for the facility this weekend when it is supposed to be nice, of course. I am going to try and find someone to cover for me on Sunday so maybe we can head down early in the am. Not sure where to go yet. I'm reading the post and trying to find out which pier is having the most success. I've been thinking about taking her out on the head boat at Harrison's. Do you know if they are catching any croaker?
Take care and really enjoyed your post!!!!

Lin

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
About the headboat possibility

catfishmama

I'll give Harrison's a call. They are pretty honest with info. At least that's been my experience with them.

When we were there last time the 6:30 am boats did very well. That was a couple weeks back though. My son and I have done surprisingly ok on Harrisons. not the same can be said about Lynnhaven this year. So he has decided to stick with Harrison's for a while....which makes me happy cause I don't like having to make the 55 mph drive on unmarked and most of the time unpaved 4 lane roads in the middle of the night.

If you do decide to fish Harrison post and I will PM some of the tips that had us fishing "circles" around the majority of the anglers on the pier. I can still see the expressions on some of their faces now. Looked a little like this..how in the world are they doing that :jawdrop:.

Nights on Harrison can be chilly at times with all those cold stares.:rolleyes:

Talk with you later

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
just when yall thought this thread was ready for the archives

well I did it again. Couldn't log in and post.

I figured out where the problem was. Topsailbum asked if I had cookies turned on in my computer. I checked and they were on. Or at least I thought so. Seems when I browsed thru Internet Explorer and used the "tools/internet options/privacy tab" to check on things, cookies were set where they should have been. But when I browsed thru AOL and went thru "settings/preferences/internet options/privacy tab to check on things I noticed "cookies" were in the "block all" mode.

I sure didn't know the cookies function had to be adjusted separately thru each browser.:jawdrop:

I hope this helps someone!

BTW: Now that the mystery is solved, yall can look forward to non interrupted/continuing days and months of posts from me. So brace yourselves.:rolleyes:

Thanks again Topsailbum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.