1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
That is sweet lookin.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks GREAT, close to FD inspired. Could a maltese cross be incorporated? I am not a rod builder and not sure of the techniques used so not sure if it even possible. I have a couple of custom rods but always up for something Unique. Any rod builders interested in the task of building a FD inspired rod for some $?

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maltese crosses

They are not any harder then the spider, Its all about laying done the thread in the right order. I Can build you one.

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Walt. I really thought I was gonna have to tear it off and rebuild it because it sat in the garage a while and got a little loose but it worked out okay. It looks good from a distance but I wish I could have tightend up the threads a little better. I learned a few good lessons on it though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rod building

Sure would consider getting one. Shoot me some prices and some ideas on PM. I hope you guys are staying safe down there. Now there are two of our guys down there with you from the BIG CITY of Smallsbury.
Thanks
Ken

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Thanks Walt. I really thought I was gonna have to tear it off and rebuild it because it sat in the garage a while and got a little loose but it worked out okay. It looks good from a distance but I wish I could have tightend up the threads a little better. I learned a few good lessons on it though.

Ryan, you sound like me, I'm always ripping wraps off because of a couple threads that won't tighten up, but I'm pretty sure the average person would never see what we think looks so bad. Most guys don't look at the work nearly as closely or as critically as builders do. Keep making yourself happy with the work, and anyone that gets it will be thrilled.

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Walt. Now that I learned to build; Your right, It makes even more of a critic out of ones self.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts