Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

If you could only take 1 lure or bait to the pier or beach this time of year what would it be? What would you fish for?

Btw are there any bait stores around that sell live bait other than mud minnows? Im talking like menhadden? I own a cast net but cant get the damn thing to open. So to save myself from lookin like an idiot i was wondering if i could buy them anywhere?

·
Registered
634 Posts
i'd bring bloodworms or nightcrawlers....with these i can catch spot and croaker to use as cut bait..which is my fav

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
On the Castnet there is a ring that can be added, for us castnet challenged. What is worse when I was a kid I could throw the daylights out of one, now my constianty is just not there now. With the rings it is amazing they will open every time. Grafton Fishing Supply has them or you can buy a Net with a ring.
As far as live bait other than eels , minnows, or peelers. There is a Tackle shop at the south end of Armstead Ave in Hampton that had live spot(new name) at one time the previous owner carried live mullet too.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Cast net are like bikes, figure you'll never learn how till all of a sudden, this is so easy. I find holding a strand in your mouth, to start off with helps people alot. Also the size net may be a problem, if you started with a bigger one. Do a google search, there are some great video shorts, that show the techneque.

·
Registered
823 Posts
gotta be blood worms hands down

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Live bait-Squid-Catch me some cut bait-to put on a fish-finder rig

Artificial-Any windcheater(diving lure).When all else fails....

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
BLOODWORMZ :barf:

·
Registered
48 Posts
bloodworms

a spool of 50lb test line (your choice so long as it can with stand as much as it says), 6 hooks (of assorted kinds), an 80lb snap swivle, and a 150lb barrel swivel. Id snell each of the 6 hooks (the night before of course), and make about a 3-5 foot customized bottom rig (with everything from the typical high low rig to the flounder rig), bait each one with blood worm (and squid if the luxury of chosing multiple baits exist) and use the cut bait (even if its a damn skate). Oh yeah and a 2,3, and 4 oz pyramid sinker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts