Pier and Surf Forum banner

What is everybody's favorite fall striper spot?

• Choptank

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Assateague Island

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • IRI

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 3R's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kents Narrows

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Ocean City

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Favorite fall fishing spot?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine is choptank only because I concentrated there last year but might try to expand a little this year to kents narrows.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
If you stay in

the skinny water around here, I'll go with PLO. The reason is you get two shots at the fish. The fish coming up the bay and the fish going into the Potomac side. Don't let the river fool you, there are some big fall Stripers in the Potomac.

For my real vote I will have to go with other. Cape Hatteras NC, now thats the real deal!....Tightlines

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have to agree with Hat80 on NC. I was there last year with my fishing buddies and were fishing above the Hatteras pier about 100yds. and were catching takers,but just spot fishing(releasing)untill we went further south about 1/2 mile below the pier and found a hole(useing fish finder rigs) and catching cows 40#plus.:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man with all those others on there maybe I should of put North Carolina on there huh. Even Virginia beach too! Hey flea would ya mind editing the poll to add NC and Va beach on it? It says only moderators can edit polls.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
It all depends on the time of year;Matapeake has big ones during the spring.Choptank during the fall,and IRI on occasions during the summer threw fall.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
guess I reallly didn't have to respond, but thanks for including AI. I'll vote the same in the spring. Come fall, few people venture onto the beach, especially Nov/Dec, when winds can kick noreast, and rain and low temps. but the fishing can be very productive.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey shaggy I put AI in there just for you!:D Who knows maybe after this fall that will be my favorite fall striper spot too!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have to say the tank, but hopefully AI will do us good this Fall FLF. I'll bring my Gortex home with me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ready to go

Hey Shaggy,

When are we heading to AI? I need to know what to bring with me so i can be prepared. I want to start getting my gear in order for the trip.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Axon that would be a good idea. You remember last year they came in handy! Yeah shaggy when we going.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts