Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're can I fish right now in the obx.. Have been here since Sat on vacation.i bought my saltwater gear 3 yrs ago not used it yet. Every time I vacation I. Find myself in a Hurricane like Florida last year..and now a nor easter .about to sell off my saltwater gear and stick to freshwater

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well…typically the weather plays a big part in beach fishing or even saltwater boat fishing ….just have to accept that Mother Nature has her own unpredictable schedule.

If you only plan on saltwater fishing one week out of the year your margin for error is very thin. You may try the Sound side, it may/may not be more conducive to fishing. Thursday and Friday weather looks to be better in the OBX. However the wind and rain doesn’t appear to be that bad today.

I always bring my waders and rain gear because it will allow me to fish even when the weather is not sunny and dry. Have to be able to deal with some wind and rain. Sometimes the bite is really on during overcast rainy windy days.

Proper tackle is also important when fishing OBX. It’s not like fishing the beaches on the west coast of Florida.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Vacation at the OBX that's the chances you take.. Looks like the wind will die down later today and go SE tomorrow. Once this Nor'easter gets out of here. I have no clue where you are presently or what your fishing plans included. There is always the Piers in NH, and KDH..No one is getting on HI right now since 12 is closed between the Oregon and Rodanthe

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've found that in a nor'easter you can sometimes get relief by fishing the stretch of beach between Hatteras and the point at Buxton. I've been able to calmly fish that stretch when it was raging everywhere else. I'm not saying that the fishing will necessarily be great but at least it gives you a shot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It’s pretty damn rough at moment on Hatteras. I’m here. 55 was washed over last night. And been rough since Sunday. Pups were biting before this hit. Caught one of the largest blues I have ever caught late Saturday. He took one of those modded slosh’s for a ride. I was thinking shark for a few moments. We will make up on the fishing next couple weeks. Water temp is 55 degrees so I have mostly chilled. Lee said come on down Garbo. We had a leader knot clinic today. He’s a true pro. As a edit 12 is beached until sometime tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts