Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me start off by saying thank you to everyone who posts on this site, I started surf fishing about two years ago and have learned a ton of great info from everyone here. However I am in a rut...I've been trying for two years to catch something of decent size but have come up empty handed. Stuck catching all little stuff. I've tried just about every form of bait Known to me but have only managed smaller fish. I want something big! I have been targeting red drum lately but nothing.
I have a condo down at Southwinds right by fort Macon state park and either fish on the beach in front of my condo or I head to the rocks at fort Macon.
So I will be down there from Tuesday -Thursday this week (full moon on Wednesday). I will be fishing a fish finder rig with either a live finger mullet or a fresh chunk of mullet. I have a 10' rod with a daiwa saltist bg 30h and another shorter 8' rod. The ten foot rod goes out as far as I can get it (which isn't very far yet) and the 8' goes into the suds. Lately I've been trying to read the beach and look for holes etc but haven't gotten the hang of that yet. So...here's what I'm looking for, any tips you might have for those specific areas or better yet my own guide for a day or day and a half. I will pay somebody...anybody!! to teach me how to read the beach and get on some big fish!!! I'm dead serious I want a big fish, doesn't really matter what, would love a red drum but at this point I'm not picky. I will pay you cash money for your expertise and tutelidge and I will keep you full of all the cold beer you want!!
Hell I've even got a place to stay if you need.
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Speck!
I will find out where the nets are set up and fish both set ups. On the Mirrolure best for a slow retrieve right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's stop nets in salter path/Indian beach. Hooked a monster drum last time they were set. There's an access by a place called "grande villas". Park there and you should see the tractors out on the beach if they have the nets out. Should be there in a N or NE wind if I remember right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sam...I might have to check that out, hopefully they will have the stop nets set up on AB as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts