Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this forum....my name is Danny and im 15. I am trying to find a new setup....its gonna be a jigging pole with heavier lures from around 15-30# line, spinning pole, fishing for blue runner, baracuda, and bonito. any suggestions will be greatly appretiated.....thanks

:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey danny, for surf or pier and the fish your targettting, i wouldn't use more then 20 lb test for a heaver of 11 ft or more. its hard to figure what your doing. for cuda and the other fish you mentioned except blue runners, you should be live baiting which calls for a whole diferent set up. different combinations for different types of fish. best thing to do is go to the surf or the pier and watch what everyone else is using then try to ask questions and figure what is best for you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's good advice.

You're still growing. What feels right to you now, or to somebody else, who's taller or shorter, may not work for you, in a year or two.

Go slow.

If you're like most of us, you'll always be looking for that next "perfect" outfit.

It doesn't exist, but just like girls, it's sure fun looking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im really just lookin for an "all around pole".....i have been fishing for about 3 years now (not that long:p ) and i have gotten to know whats good for me to use now. my main poles which i use are these.....TLD-15 with a tsunami 15-30# rod (THE BEST SETUP THAT I HAVE EVER USED). penn international rod 50# with a TLD-25 (SHARK FISHING POLE), shimano cardiff with some old bass pole for most of my lure and gotcha pluggin, and also a shakespeare spinning rod which is fallin apary nowadays. The Tsunami pole is really amazing to me. I was just lookin for a pole for heavier fishing and my cousin found it.......we fooled around with it, looked at the guies, butt, and everything on it. and i was just amazed at how strong it is. i strongly urge everyone to go buy one of these!!!!! can't really explain how much i love this setup but im sure you all have a pole that you think of the same.......no need for a girlfriend or wife;) ;) ;)

thanks guys for all the help, its a great forum, im sure ill be posting much more very soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts