Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell from my name, I am new to fishing and going this weekend. :)
What size sinkers/hooks should I use for coakers and stripers? Do stripers/croakers feed on the bottom? If not, can you give me any tips for casting from the pier? Do I need a net? My rods are about 6ft tall with 17lb test line. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
NF - Where are you planning on fishing?

Fish Stu - Hope you got your ORV permits. They've been checking real hard down there.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Sandy Point State Park is hot right now. I have not heard too much from Matapeake.

Bloodworms is the bait of choice. :) Use the lightest sinker that will hold bottom. You can use a hi/lo rig if you want.

·
Banned
803 Posts
when you go to matapeake, go early. such as 8 am weekdays and 6-7 am weekends. why? room to fish. pick center rail front facing bay-at the end of pier. plan to "bed" down for the day. dont EXPECT any fish, when it turns on, you will be rewarded. use only bloodworms and no less than 4 oz. for weight(pyramid) use braided line such as POWER-PRO tm. Miracle hours between 2:30-nightfall and sometimes up until 11 pm. tightlines my brother...til we meet...and stay with sands....suggestions otherwise. good day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts