Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
3,177 Posts
AK, Don't sell yourself short. I seen your work and you do a fine job of rod-building. Bring whatever you like!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I will pay the difference for HuskyMD to get an OM if he gets a refund on the Okuma. But, I firmly believe that this is a manufacturer's defect as I've casted other rods even harder (like Friedeel's Fusion) and they were fine. I'm not even a good caster! :eek: :p :D
Umm ... the Fusion ain't no Okuma.

Caddy vs. Yugo.

AK is right, if you want a quality factory rod get the OMCPS. Or the HDX.

Better yet, save yer pennies and get that Fusion.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I cast to where the fish are...BTW my distance caster buddy told me to quit that 2 step cast you showed me:D .......85-100 yards on a beach cast ain't bad...esp if yer casting eight and a true bait...not a $3.00 B/W on a 6/0 circle...have fun in NORVA

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
you guys should have AC vs. WBB casting and fishing challenge. ;) for the bragging rights.
naw...no grudge held against WBB...they's some funny and true hard core fisherman.....now....if'n they talked smacked about VB or the A/C....we'd have to invite em in our backyard fer some :fishing: A/C style smack downs:D

nuthin but love fer the WBB bretheren

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a bunch of Okuma Solaris rods and I've seen many others on the forum with them. 8 & bait is not going far with this rod but 5oz surely won't break it. Hopefully they'll send a replacement for your defective rod.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts