Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skipped out on the drive and crowds, fished in Hampton for a short 2 hours or so... Alot of fish released and brought these home... 6.25 and 7.0 lbs and one just shy of paper as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to have not gotten back to ya on your question... been out 3 times to that spot you were asking about and not even a hit. My guess is I hit the tide wrong. Seems the last few hours of outgoing is the hottest. And I wasn't very far from that spot today. If ya haven't gotten a yak by Spring, I might have a loaner by then.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to have not gotten back to ya on your question... been out 3 times to that spot you were asking about and not even a hit. My guess is I hit the tide wrong. Seems the last few hours of outgoing is the hottest. And I wasn't very far from that spot today. If ya haven't gotten a yak by Spring, I might have a loaner by then.
thanks, i hope to have a kayak by spring:D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
wow nice fish. I too have a spot or 2 in Hampton that produce well....maybe even the same place you went

·
Registered
547 Posts
would you mind sharing some pointers? I would love to try specs from my canoe, but the hot ditch is a hike from my house. Where do you put in and how far of a paddle is it? If you would like to go canoeing sometime, let me know, as I'd love to learn some techniques.

tight lines

Tory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts