Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
ehh, so its a big slow C bend, not much difference from my big bait OMCPS12c then. lol
I think you'll find it softer than the OM, while they are nice sticks, they are a tad bit shy overall in the power/distance spectrum. Very nice to play a fish on tho. And easy to load for those that aren't big hitters.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
She's on the dryer...

Blank has about a 1/2" down curve. Tempted to wrap it with the spine down (curve up) as that would be straighter.
Wrapped it on the straightest axis which is almost exactly opposite of the spine. I'll let 'er set up a few days & then see how she throws.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think you'll find it softer than the OM, while they are nice sticks, they are a tad bit shy overall in the power/distance spectrum. Very nice to play a fish on tho. And easy to load for those that aren't big hitters.

egaads! then i guess ill just finish flocking my butt on the OMCPS12, then. maybe fish it for another year.

i like to slap the dally out of rods

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Final report

I like this stick! She throws great. The MH1502 blank seems a bit stiffer than the RS1502. This could well become my #1 rod. I ended up with exactly what I was looking for and at a very good price. Can't beat that...and I know I'm gonna catch a lotta big fish on this stick. That's what it's all about.

Hope to see ya all on the beach come drummin' time.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like this stick! She throws great. The MH1502 blank seems a bit stiffer than the RS1502. This could well become my #1 rod. I ended up with exactly what I was looking for and at a very good price. Can't beat that...and I know I'm gonna catch a lotta big fish on this stick. That's what it's all about.

Hope to see ya all on the beach come drummin' time.
you always catch the fish:p

·
Registered
348 Posts
I knew you'd like it Steve. It's a nice light outfit but still capable of some heavy work.

I'll be around on AI the week of the Harbor Tackle Red Drum tourney. Maybe I'll see you then.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'll be around on AI the week of the Harbor Tackle Red Drum tourney. Maybe I'll see you then.
I'm gonna come up about the 22nd & fish for 3-4 weeks. You know what my beat up old truck looks like...sorta like me.

As for pics...nothin' to see. I hate bling so wrapped it black on black...bmnag 30-25-20-16-16-16 with a 16 top...cork tape...plain fuji graphite seat...rubber butt cap ground down. Not a bit of color or glitz on it. My kinda stick.

I dunno if this thing throws so well because it is a lami/mudhole or because I wrapped it upside down. Al Goldberg has an article on SOL where he talks about wrapping opposite the spine for better casting. I dunno, but it does throw nice. What Lightload sez about this blank is right on!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts