Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today for an early patrol to look at the beach.

With this wind blowing the past few days the beach has been scoured pretty good. The beach has been cut back quite a bit and has gotten flat.

Fort Fisher's holes have been filled in quite a bit also.

Highlight though there was a nice cobia caught on the beach down there last week. (I know Im late with the news) and It may be the second one caught....Conflicting story's.

Also, The campers have begun to show up on the North End as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Prices up to $60 annual and $20 a day. Already approved by council however I think there may be a few days before effective. You are good if you already have and annual pass. Also trying to find a way to make it an extra fee to camp.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Prices up to $60 annual and $20 a day. Already approved by council however I think there may be a few days before effective. You are good if you already have and annual pass. Also trying to find a way to make it an extra fee to camp.
Wow,,, $60 buck anual,,,$20 buck a day,,,for the Fort or for Feeman???

Got mine for the year at the Fort but is this for the Fort or Freeman:eek:

If it is for the North End,.,,might be good for families and fishermen as it limits the party drunks and yahoos.

Does not affect me if so, cause I refuse to fish or drive on the North End except after Sept

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, The North End and Fort fisher are two totally seperate entities. Fort Fisher is a state park. North End of CB is County owned, town Manged. CB will keep going up on the passes as long as they figure they will make mad cash.
I hope the state doesn't notice and do the same for down there at fort fisher. However, since Fort Fisher is managed much better then the North End, I don't see it getting as popular as the North End anytime soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its actually $40 for an annual and $10 per day for both ends unless it has gone up in the last couple of weeks.

Wow,,, $60 buck anual,,,$20 buck a day,,,for the Fort or for Feeman???

Got mine for the year at the Fort but is this for the Fort or Freeman:eek:

If it is for the North End,.,,might be good for families and fishermen as it limits the party drunks and yahoos.

Does not affect me if so, cause I refuse to fish or drive on the North End except after Sept

·
Registered
636 Posts
I believe what they are saying is that the fee is going up... from $10 daily to $20 daily on north end CB.

Am I remembering wrong, or is the only way onto Fort Fisher an annual pass, $40, runs Jan 1 to Dec 31. There is no daily pass there, correct?

·
Registered
196 Posts
...the way people trash the place, specially the campers, I can't say that I don't think this is a great idea. I'm always aggravated with busy weekends and the shape of the beach days afterwards. :cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with ya on how people trash the beaches. But I think the fees are a good thing. If anything I think 100 per yr would slow some if it down. 100 per yr isn't that bad if you fish it alot. That is my .02

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I agree with ya on how people trash the beaches. But I think the fees are a good thing. If anything I think 100 per yr would slow some if it down. 100 per yr isn't that bad if you fish it alot. That is my .02
Ditto add my .02 to that cause I WILL not fish the North End as it stands now. It is just one big beer bust and the beach looks like hell and even the sand is almost gray from all the abuse, fires, charcoal etc.:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.