Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Chesapeake this weekend for the first time. Anybody have suggestions of piers to try out. I'll only have about a day and a half of fishing due to a wedding but would like to wet a line. VA beach pier? Anything being pulled over the rails there lately? Any info is appeciated.
:fishing::beer::fishing::beer:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Va.beaches pier isnt catching much,skate,dogfish,maybe some spot,roundhead or croaker,the water temp has been dropping fast,a good bet would be seagull pier its on the baybridge tunnel,they are catching striper around the lights at night,no admission for the pier you just have to pay to get on the bridge.i hear that harrisons pier is catching some fish at night to.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Well, Greg's Baitshack is in Portsmouth, so that's a bit out of the way for you. Try Princess Anne Distributing, which is right on 17th street at the VB Oceanfront. Oceans East is on Northhampton Blvd., but I'm guessing that might be out of your way too. I can help you narrow it down if you let me know where exactly you plan on fishing in Virginia Beach.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'll either be Seagull or Virginia beach pier. I wasn't sure of the estimated time of arrival if that would be a problem. I figure by then I'll probably be ready for a :beer: also :)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
It'll either be Seagull or Virginia beach pier. I wasn't sure of the estimated time of arrival if that would be a problem. I figure by then I'll probably be ready for a :beer: also :)
Just a heads up, the Virginia Beach Pier is closed for the winter! So, you definitely don't want to go there, lol!! If I were you I'd try Seagull Pier for stripers and tog. Try throwing jigs for schoolies around the rocks, and under the lights at night. Pretty soon there will be some trophies out there, but right now I think it's a little early. Best advice I could give you is to hit Oceans East 2 for bait/gear since it's near the CBBT, then fish Seagull Pier. I'll be going there this Sunday, so I'll post how I did.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Also, I'm no expert on Seagull Pier, but I have a feeling if you're going there for the first time, and are planning on throwing out a bottom rig with cut bait, you might be disappointed. Your best bet, in my opinion, is going to be under the lights at night throwing soft plastics and bucktails for striper, and fishing right on the rocks in the morning for tog using fiddler crabs. From what I have heard it's been crowded. Let us know how you do. I'll be out there Sunday through Monday. Hopefully some other guys will chime in with more helpful info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts