Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably gonna do a day trip on Saturday with Anthony. Warmer temps have gotten a few stripers pulled out of the surf the last few weeks. Gonna try my luck. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Don't have a 4X4...

...But will fish the South Parking lot at AI early Saturday morning. I have a Red Olds..Stop in if you're in the area...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Clam Baits

Jason,
Good luck! Do you think you'll try any clam baits? It's supposed to be warm. My wife has to work Saturday so I will be in charge of both boys..My three year old is out of hand right now..only Liam and I have waders..I can only imagine what he'll be like on the beach. Good Luck!:)

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
My first thought was, "ya'll are nuts." But then I looked at the forecast.

Have you guys heard of any fish out of their lately? I figured the only thing there this time of year will be hake.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey sandcrab we will look for you, if we find ya we will probably pick you up and drag you out with us. We are leaving tonight and will fish through Sunday morning. Murphman, Anthony has picked up some clams and some rock crabs. We will probably throw some clam out and if the surf fails we are going to try our luck togging at Ocean city inlet. Anthony has read a few reports that some stripers have been pulled out of the surf the past couple weeks. Plus Shaggy's brother predicted it would happen so I have to try it!:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Word elswhere (and pics) show at least a couple of keepers caught AI December 29 AM, one at 43" weighing in at about 34 pounds, and one 34" weighing in at about 20 pounds caught on frozen (ie:not fresh) BUNKER.

Good luck to all who attempt.

Have Jeep will travel (to Baltimore tomorrow morning). :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I figured that with the weather being so nice and the report from shaggy would give a shot to catch our first fish of 2004, hopefully :D . Does anyone know where we can pick up some bunker?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Saturday, late start, Kool Ice Cambridge has had, early start, Harbor Tackle or Martins Seafood Company both by marina (left past Food Lion shopping center) oops and if open Akes, all prior to AI. If it weren't for the boys in purple, I myself would have left by now since I'm off tomorrow (have some frozen in freezer for emergency). Oh well, plenty of time left for AI this year, and probably best for elbow, and no matter what (win, I hope, or lose gasp), last game this season at the old home town ballpark. Tailgate opens at nine am, kickoff at 4:30pm, something tells me Sunday is gonna suck. :cool:

Have Jeep will travel (yall know where). :D

Oh yeah, sixty degrees in January for football? Must be crazy, that's fishing weather ;), not footbal weather.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
FLF:Glad you are feelin better!

Ant:Don't catch all the fish!Send some of them Tog heads to me:D

Shag:Send some of that MOJO down south.Now if I can predict that power ball and mega millions # combination.

Trust me there will be a hell o a fishin party on me!

I hope you guys hook up on some fish!

Maybe that lost school of bigguns that got lost in NJ and is headed our way!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Frozen bunker...

Shaggy,

Does KI have frozen bunker year round? Got a phone number for them? I know they are in Cambridge somewhere...

Thanks

Sandcrab

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I'll try and dig up the 800 number, but Cambridge it is, right at WaWA, and right at stop sign. About 1/2 mile on left. Usually have frozen but not guaranteed. Give me a day or two.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts