Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also wondering if sand fleas are still around. I see it is supposed to be a little cooler next week, just seeing what I can expect from anyone down there currently. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Plenty of mullet, bunch of drum. Should be warm enough for fleas. Pompano have been small lately. First cold front of fall coming in Sunday, hopefully it'll turn the fish on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far I’ve gotten one flounder on cut mullet chunk and some small whiting and croaker on fish bites. Sea robins too. Hoping to turn things around before weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far I’ve gotten one flounder on cut mullet chunk and some small whiting and croaker on fish bites. Sea robins too. Hoping to turn things around before weekend
I fished Huntington state park Monday and yesterday. I’m too old and lazy to walk to the jetty but set up both days about 300 meters north of the parking lot.
Sand fleas are non existent. Monday caught only 3 short flounder on cut bait and 5 short pomps on fish gum. Oh and 2 rays. Guys coming back from the jetty said it was a ray-fest there also.
Yesterday switched from spinning reels to my casting reels and a 13’6” rod. Made a big difference. Caught 3 (bull?) reds between 25” and 30” and a couple puppy drum. But that was from 7am to 2pm, 9am high tide. All caught before 9:30 am. Took me a while to figure out they were gone. The bigger reds were all at least 100 meters out at high tide.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Small pompano and whiting yesterday on shrimp. Some large rays, 30” shark and nice 20” blue on cut mullet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts