Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between work and covid, the Mrs and I haven't had a vacation in years. 8, to be exact.. (Rented a place on Hatteras Isl a few years back. Spent 12 hours there before hurricane Maria forced evacuation. Was so disgusted we came home and I went back to work..)
Headed down in exactly one month, and counting..
Beyond stoked to spend a week oceanfront to decompress and drown some bait. As anyone should, I'll be looking to spend some $ in local tackle shops and hopefully garner some local, current intel.
With that in mind, any input about how to make our trip better is greatly appreciated.

Registered
Go see Ryan at Hatteras Jacks wealth of knowledge and lots of great gear. Fresh Bait is key!! Hope you have a great trip 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Wow....8 years with no vacation sounds painful. Read the beach to find some structure, throw out some bait near and far, spike it, and enjoy some R&R. Local tackle shops will give you the information and bait you need.....and perhaps try the sound side if trout are still around. Good eats. Good luck & hope the weather treats you well this time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.. long time comin'. We've been trying to get away, but you know.. life.
This'll be the first time the Mrs and I have gone on vacation alone together since our honeymoon 18+ years ago...
Found a cool house right. on. the beach, so I intend to spend a lot of time on the sand (watch.. it'll blow 30 out of the NE for 5 days...).
Surf fish a fair amount on Assateague Island here at home, so I'm not alien to it. Just always looking for local pointers and good tackle shops.

Thanks again for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts