Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

Buddy invited me to tag along to NC for some fishing (10/11ish-16ish). Would love for someone, who's going out, to let us tag along. It's been a billion years since I fished in NC. My buddy left a week ago and I don't think he can make a fish sandwich w/what he's caught 馃ぃ We aren't targeting anything in particular.

We will have our kayaks, but will also do some surf fishing. He said catching a Tuna is on his bucket list and while I wouldn't mind doing that, my arm/ego are still sore from a BITELESS trip I took last year (jerkin' metal for 10 hrs straight) - LOL....basically, I can save my money or go on a regular boat (and soak some bait).

So, if you don't want to drag to non-locals around with you, but don't mind providing some info...you can post it hear or send me a PM....shore spots, boats to go on, kayak launch/areas and bait. I'd really appreciate it cause I don't want to drive all the way down there just to get skunked 馃槆

Thanks!

Registered
Oregon Inlet has a new kayak ramp at the end of the marina. Fish the bridge and the back bays. Lots of bait around if you can throw a cast net.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...(storm), aside from not bringing bloodworms with him, I think that's why my buddy isn't doing that great? I'm procrastinating...should have taken off already.

Registered
The inlet is as rough as I've ever seen it this morning so do not go all the way to it in your yaks. Stay on the flats and cast whatever grubs on 1/4oz or 1/8oz jigs. Plenty of puppy drum and trout being caught. I caught 2 big drum in the surf this morning outside of Rodanthe on the big rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts