Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
Just curious how the Point is looking and if you can drive through the narrows at high tide. Any "insider trading" info would be greatly appreciated!
When I was there about 3 weeks ago, you couldn't get through the narrows at high tide. Not sure if that has changed. Hopefully, someone else who's been there more recently will chime in.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks F-O! As usual, I'll hit the beach anywhere from north of Rodanthe to Hatteras Inlet. Would be nice to hear from some of the "usual suspects" that have been there last week. I realize that a big blow can change things overnight, but inquiring minds need to know!

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
52 Posts
Hey Joe, we just got back and found the fishing to be decent. Lots of sea mullet to be had if you can find some sand fleas, and some blues in the surf as well. The point was producing some drum on and off but the bait situation is tough. Nobody had any finger mullet on the island. The narrows was not passable during high tide. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

· Registered
767 Posts
Just got back this morning. The Point had zero current, 6oz was holding ...

The narrows isnt passable at high tide, went through it about an hour before high and it was pretty sketchy then as well. Hit the north beaches, plenty of sea-mullets and a few drum if you find good structure.

· Premium Member
10,178 Posts
Just got back this morning. The Point had zero current, 6oz was holding ...

The narrows isnt passable at high tide, went through it about an hour before high and it was pretty sketchy then as well. Hit the north beaches, plenty of sea-mullets and a few drum if you find good structure.
You neglected to mention you became a "splinter foot" for a couple of sessions as well.... Even caught a drum!! ;)

· Registered
502 Posts
You neglected to mention you became a "splinter foot" for a couple of sessions as well.... Even caught a drum!! ;)

Is he a "pier guy" now?
Fishing has good this weekend. I will 2nd that if you are venturing to the point make sure you have your A game for the drive out as it gets narrow on the tides and one stuck vehicle can pretty much close the route down. Hatteras inlet was/is pretty productive on the incoming tides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.