Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going up to cape cod this weekend for a wedding in a town called cotuit. Ive got thursday-tuesday off so will be brining the rods along as usual. Can anyone tell me what tackle shops are the best in the area, any ideas on where i should go. I heard cape cod canal but by the looks of it its fairly long. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
946 Posts
you might want to try out stripersonline for good CC info. People are very hesitant to tell you anything about the canal...alot of tight lipped people...ive fished race point and did good there a few summers back...im sure some info from the local tackle shops will do you some good

·
Registered
98 Posts
sinker45: you're actually about 1/2hr south of the canal. The canal is fairly long but there are lots of fishable spots on it. Be aware that it's more like bottom fishing than what you might be used to in MD...i.e., heavy 3-5oz jigheads attached to 9" sluggos are the norm unless you caught the big spring migration that happened two weeks ago that you could use pencil poppers on. There are lots of rocks and you snag off a lot of tackle :p

Stop by M&D Tackle (aka Cape Cod Tackle) if you want to do the canal but be aware that heavy gear/line is the norm. If you want to do beaches and marshes, there are plenty south and slightly west or east of you as you can see on google maps...there should be lots of blues there. Stop by Cotuit Bait&Tackle and ask what's going on...I've never tried the Cotuit area but have hit Osterville/Hyannis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Kenyee, ill be up in boston again on the 25th of this month and leavng back to MD on the 28th. Im definitely bringing my gear this time. Last time I brought my fishing gear on a plane, the airline lost it!!! So im hoping it wont happen to me twice. Anyways, im going to check out a couple of those spots you recommended to me on the other posting I put up. Let me know if you want to meet up and do some fishing. I doubt fishing up there is too much different from down here but Im sure I could use the help and advice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hey goodlife, I haven't been doing that well this season, so I'm not sure you'd want my bad mojo as a fishing companion :p
Others have said the inshore fishing hasn't been that good around here and have been trying to figure out why. Hope things get better by the time you get up and you at least have your gear ;-)
By the time you get up, it should be better up on the north shore and you might want to even check out the plum island reserve, but they'll be in the middle of the horrible greenhead fly season which lasts into late august...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.