Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any info on doing some inshore fishing here. I have a guide for two of the 10 days we will be there. Hoping to fish some without a guide. I will mostly be fly fishing but plan to take a travel spinning tackle also.
Thanks for any info.

·
Administrator
724 Posts
oh you lucky dog !!
I had a shipmate when I was in the Navy that was stationed there at the Navy Base in the mid-80s and her husband was a die-hard fisherman. When they first got there, he bought an old wooden boat w/motor and fished his heart out for 3 years catching everything that swam. I was green with envy for him to say the least. I think the Navy base is still active. It is on the N.E. corner. Good Luck and safe travels in your journey. It would be really nice to see some photos when you get back.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Glad to hear you are out and about, healing takes forever, not like when we were young. I plan on going to North Topsail in the fall, have you been to Topsail lately, still have your house there, if I recall correctly you mentioned you might sell. Get better Don.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lucky you!
if you don't already have a travel spinning rod I have a suggestion. Ibought a FibLink CBS 704m 4 piece 7 foot rod online and made my own case for it from 2" x 3" plastic downspout pipe with starboard cut to fit for the end pieces. just got back from a trip to South Florida and used it to catch lots of mangrove snapper. I was very pleased with how easy it was to pack and how well it worked when I got there. Plant Wood Font Rectangle Grass

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lucky you!
if you don't already have a travel spinning rod I have a suggestion. Ibought a FibLink CBS 704m 4 piece 7 foot rod online and made my own case for it from 2" x 3" plastic downspout pipe with starboard cut to fit for the end pieces. just got back from a trip to South Florida and used it to catch lots of mangrove snapper. I was very pleased with how easy it was to pack and how well it worked when I got there. View attachment 69646
Thank you for the info. I do have a couple travel spinning rods as well as fly rods. I will go armed, just looking for some info. Found quite a few videos on utube with the guide I will be fishing with for two days.
Thanks to all who repled

1 - 11 of 11 Posts