Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's off the subject, but anyone have sugestions for good headboats that will get out to wrecks, and arent too crowded?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would also be interested in this information. I am planning on going out on one sat morning. If'n I can git me some info on'm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Graphix I know there is one that leaves out of Rudee Inlet I just dont know her name. I understand it leaves at 6 am and returns around 12 or 1 pm I think. I am searching for it at the present time trying to locate her. will give more info when available.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is a bit of info I located in Va Beach area. I posted a few prices that I also found. This sounds like the ticket for me sat morning.

Spring Through Winter

All Day Wreck Fishing
Departs 8:00AM......Returns 5:00PM.................................$45.00

Long Half Day Wreck Fishing (Spring and Fall Only)
Departs 8:00AM......Returns 2:00PM.................................$30.00

Half Day Wreck Fishing (Two Trips, Summer Only)
Departs 8:00AM & Departs 1:30PM....................................$25.00

Night Fishing (July & August Only, Wed./Thurs./Sat.)
Departs 6:00PM.....Returns 10:00PM.................................$25.00

All prices have an additional one dollar tax added at time of sale.

Graphix are you going to be on the lynhaven pier friday night? I should be arriving there sometime around 10pm.

If your interested my buddy and I ar heading out on one of those head boat trips Sat morning.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
just a quick piece of info DO NOT take a half day trip out of rudee unless you want a long boat ride and little fishing. i did this a few year back. we went to the CBBT. little fishing and a long boat ride for 20 bucks, and not many fish to show for it. my recomendation is to take one of the boat out of lynnhaven.

P

·
0 Posts
fishwagon

It's not that your post is off topic. It's more like off course. This thread might get more attention if placed on the Boating Board. Here it's bound to get lost amongst the land stuff.

Hope yall packed your bags. Don't be surprised if sandflea pulls up anchor and turns this due south.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the info. Where does the boat leave from? Is there a number to call?

P-s-stirrer I posted here because the boating board is very dated, and didn't think people who owned boats would have an intrest in headboats.I think everone got plenty of information, thank you!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm glad the post was here - and I agree with what dude said - probably peeps with boats wont want info on head boats.

Thanks for the information Bait Caster. I will be on the pier all night Friday. Would like to go Sat. on the head boat but tight for cash at the moment so will have to wait another week. Maybe next weekend. This one sounds good for me -

All Day Wreck Fishing
Departs 8:00AM......Returns 5:00PM.................................$45.00

Do any of the head boats offer an overnight trip like a two day with the whole night to fish?

Ill catch up with you out on the pier on Friday...should be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
47 Posts
All the boats I came across only offer overnight trips during the summer season.

I will be checking in on the lynnhaven marina to see what they have to offer after work and before I head out that way.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you list phone#'s? The night, and the full day both sound good. I'm from Richmond, and don't have a phone bok from down there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My favorite Head Boat is the Sally-T which is run by Pete Thorne an independent. He goes out at 8 AM back at 3 PM charges $35. He targets Flounder, Stripers (aka Rockfish) and sometimes spadefish. He provides the best bait (live minnows and thick tube squid) on the flounder trips. I brought in a 6# 2oz citation on a trip last year. I have even seen him provide a discount when the boat had to come back early due to weather. Ive been on the head boats out of rudee and Lynhaven, by far the Sally-T is my favorite choice. His number is 515-3051. Make sure you ask for exact directions, the boat is a bit hidden and not at the Fish Market location with the others.

Tight Lines

Glen

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is a list of inlet numbers for headboats

Va Beach Fish Center (757) 422-5700
Rudee Inlet Charters (757) 422-5700
Lynnhaven Marina (757) 481-4545
Sally-T (757) 515-3051

Good luck rippin in the BIG'UNS

See you all at Lynnhaven peir tonight.