Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am ready to fish .... I am heading to Morehead City memorial day weekend...and needed some anyone know any charter rates that do bottom fishing. Also what are the the stacey, continental shelf and pricess doing? anyone been on them lately what are the reports?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent trip on the Carolina Princess. Mostly everyone limited out on vermillion snapper. A few gag grouper were caught, along with scup and ring-tail porgies. The Capt Stacy had also some trigger and seabass, the princess didn't have many. Also, amber jack was caught by a few folks and only 1 American red snapper was caught, I think Capt Stacy brought home a few more fish than Princess. It was well worth the trip, the crew was excellent and met some nice folks on the boat as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took the Carolina Princess out last summer for an 18 hour trip. We left around midnight, got to the fishing grounds around 2am. We caught the majority of our fish before sunrise, and became average to slow after that. I would definitely only go on the 18hour trip again rather than the shorter ones - since we had more fishing time and more time fishing the productive night hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts