go out twice a week and Off Shore Wreck
Trips every Saturday this winter.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Talapia, I hope this helps. Murph:)

Fisherman's Wharf Fishing Report
Fisherman’s Wharf Fishing Report November 24, 2003

You never really get a good idea about how many people are actually reading a report until you don’t write one. It has been two weeks since my last report and I would like to apologize to those who have been looking for a fresh one. I should also say this may be the last one for a while. There has been plenty to talk about, but with my four-day a week schedule I have been taking advantage of a little time off, and fishing wasn’t really on my mind. If the report was about deer hunting I could have filled the pages!

Fishing has been quite good. The Sea Bass have been holding on and the Striper fishing has also been well worth the time and effort. Of course it is still fishing and there will always be some days that are better than others. This was much the case this past weekend. I fished on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday over wrecks with the regular eight-hour trip and I saw the good, the bad and the ugly!

Perigee tides made for some strange currents and the fishing was hot and cold. Friday’s trip was great with almost everybody on board catching a limit of nice sized Sea Bass. Saturday we were not so lucky. Fishing the same depths as the day before we actually dropped back on a couple of wrecks and didn’t even get a bite! I think my high man Saturday had only 17 keeper fish. Sunday’s trip was much better but it seemed as though some folks caught well and others were not quite as lucky. Everyone did however end up with a nice catch of fish. And did I mention Horn Dogs? With the hard running tides over the past couple of days the Spiny Dogfish Shark, a.k.a. “Horn Dog” has moved in everywhere. Even the Striper boats in the mouth of the bay were plagued with these nasty critters. Don’t get me wrong, they are a lot of fun to catch and they are even good to eat, but after you have landed five or six of these line twisters and have been tangled with your neighbor a few times….. Well, you get the idea. I can’t wait to see what we catch on tomorrow’s trip!

Our 2003 fishing season is rapidly coming to an end, and with the December 1st closure of Sea Bass that leaves us with just on more weekend to fish for these tasty critters. We will however continue to fish for the Striped Bass daily until December 15th and you can also charter any of our boats for Rockfish or Tau Tog. At this time we do not have any more special trips scheduled for Blackfish. It is possible however that we may run an open boat for the Tog on weekends after the Sea Bass Closure. If this is the case I will post this information on our web-site and you can also find out by calling the office at (302) 645-Tuna.

We have one more Special 12-hr. trip for Sea Bass this coming Saturday and there are still a few spots left. We will also be running the regular Full Day trip fishing over wrecks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This will put an end to bottom fishing for the regular season. We are at this time working on the 2004 Season schedule and as soon as we get the new Sea Bass Regulations we will start to plan our winter and spring special trips.

I would like to personally thank everyone for a great fishing season this past year and to express the best of wishes for the upcoming holiday season. It will not be long before the waters will once again be warming and we will be looking for Mackerel running up the coast to mark the start of another fishing season! As much as I can’t wait for the last trip of the year I am looking foreword to the start of this new season. It is just around the corner!

Until Then Happy Fishing!
Capt. Rick Yakimowicz [email protected]
Keen Lady IV

In loving memory Spencer Gerdes 1951-2003

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I think that there is also
a smaller outfit out of Lewis called the little
angler. they run a make-up charter/small headboat
operation out there. I think that they go
out all winter for rockfish, but I am not sure.
I saw them out a few weeks ago and they
were drifting for eels. I have not been
able to get any current reports on
how they have been doing. I did not
think that the regular lewis fishing center
headboats went out all winter long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts