Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will be in vb on the 9th and was wanting any info on head boats and if they are doing any good with larger fish or if i should just stay on the beach and piers? would like to get at least some eater's lol any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Let me say this, If you are going on a head boat for Black Sea Bass, I suggest you stay on the beach. There are some trips out of Lynnhaven that I heard produced some fish. But when I went out last week trying to catch a meal,,I ended up going to Wendys on my way home. (See went fishing) They have been doing pretty well, by the Lighthouse resturant at Rudee. I suggest you get your flounder rig and go there. Dont forget to bait an extra pole with bloodworms, I figure those nice yellowbellies are only a week or two away.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lynnhaven Dockside Inn Headboat Fishing

There are good headboat trips going out of the Lynnhaven Dockside Inn Fish Market. I've gone on them several times, and everytime has been productive. It's $23 per person and you go out around the islands of the CBBT, and sometimes the Cape Henry lighthouse. Right now, you'll catch some decent size croaker up to 2-3lbs, and lots of good size spot, some blues, and maybe a few other things. Their number is (757)-481-4545, and they're located at 3311 Shore Drive in Virginia Beach. Hope you go on this trip, and good luck. oh yeah, by the way, i have gone out on the sea bass trips from Rudee Inlet, and it sucked, we caught 1 tautog, 2 sea bass, and i caught a 4 ft. dogfish shark..psh. - Teddy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the info,--I've already called and made a reservation for Saturdays trip. I'll let you know what I catch. Hope it's better than Rudee but I'll enjoy myself anyway---When it comes to fishing I'm no quitter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts