Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDX Tournament Butt with blue shrink wrap and a sliding reel seat. Only used on grass a few times.

$70 plus $22 shipping in a pvc tube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sgt, I'm located in Sussex Cty, Delaware, near Lewes/Rehoboth. Any chance you make it down to DelMarVa? Meet anywhere in the middle?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No solid plans in the next two weeks but once the fishing dies up here I'd like to see if I can catch up with them on Delmarva. :fishing: :) Always looking for an excuse to go fishin' (or casting for that matter) . . . :p

Have any December surf spots?

So, no hurry to sell, if you want it I'll hold it for you on an "I'll take it."

·
Registered
86 Posts
HDX Tournament Butt with blue shrink wrap and a sliding reel seat. Only used on grass a few times.

$70 plus $22 shipping in a pvc tube.

Hello Sgt_Slough:

I have the adjustable reel seat HDX spinning rod. What would be the advantage of having the tournament butt? Is this tournament butt when join with the top half makes the rod a bit longer than 13ft? With the adjustable reel seat, I can slide the reel seat up or down so that I can have the reel in low or high position. Thanks for your info.
HDX is such a beast for me to bend it. I don't quite have the technique yet to fully tweak out the high capability of throwing very, very long distance.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this tournament butt when join with the top half makes the rod a bit longer than 13ft?
Yes, the rod is 14ft with the TB.

HDX is such a beast for me to bend it. I don't quite have the technique yet to fully tweak out the high capability of throwing very, very long distance.
The TB will make it even harder to load; it is much stiffer than the fishing butt. I wouldn't recommend the TB if you aren't making the fishing butt cry for mercy, ;) especially if you are using it just for fishing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts