Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, got the HP635 (guess "only" 2.1 mp, good, ok, bad or Bob you suck) now teach the digitally impaired how to use.

Have Jeep (know how to use) will travel. :D

Oh yeah, and did I get ripped off on the 128 "extra" card they sold me?

·
Registered
720 Posts
How much did you spend on this digital camera? I tend to prefer Canon digital cameras. There's a wide variety to choose from and there are some good deals going on.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hey Viking, it's a proven fact that to properly operate a digital camera one must first have a cell phone.:D LOL. Enjoy your digital Shaggy.:)

Catman.:)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey catman don't be so hard on shaggy,he's doing the best that he can a new digtal and maybe sometime down the road he'll get a cell phone so cool your jests. lol TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
White Trash like me has no idea about using a computer or anything didital.I don't even know how to donate money over the computer by credit card!I do need a didital camara and to donate money so I can post pictures.This sucks:mad:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now Now Now, senior Catman, no cell talk (can you hear me now). Now seriously, between computers, and digitals, starting to wish I didn't (na) have kids. Honestly, they are making me grow up and out (and poorer), but MR. Cattman, no phone on the road, unless it says, your nickle is gone please deposit more (and I am out of five cent pieces, I am not usinig)

Ya guys are great, call me (on my daughters or wifes cell).

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
How's the elbow doing Shaggy? With the fantastic football weekend coming up I hope you can still bend a few.:D

Trigger...I'm being as gentile as I can with him.LOL:D

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Catman, you are okay in my book, just quit talking to HAT, two weeks of twelve ounce curls (they do help the discomfort), but I am itching (maybe not for 8nbait), to toss a few of the non-liquid. Guess between you, Hat and the Missis, I figure by 200? I'll end up with one of them there "you are not alone anymore" whatchamacallem's. Seriously though, if you are still heading out tomorrow best of luck (don't forget the flare gun for communication), and land a biggie.

Now, as Trigger said, go easy, I'm just a kid don't make me feel like a man, be safe tomorrow on the bay, and

Go Navy, beat Army.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
catman are you nuts,going out with Hat what a pair. Instead one frozen popsickle there will be two,oh yea they do come in two's don't they. just my $0.02

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Shaggy,you don't need a cell phone man.My buddy in East Baltimore doesn't have a phone in his house and does just fine.;)I have a cell phone and I don't even use it so there:p

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Digital Shaggy

HP635 2.1 MP
Don't know anything about HP, 2.1 MP is good, just can't blow it up too much, maybe 5x7. My wife has a Canon A40 and loves it. Just bought our daughter a Canon A60 for B-day @ Target for $199. and you get a $50. store gift card.

Just spend for time reading the book while your fishing and trying to stay warm at AI. Not that difficult to use.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Figure, a year or two to learn this, then maybe, just maybe, can ya hear me now, and now,......... can't do it. Oldest daughter says camera is mine, until I return next weekend, then it is hers. What is it with kids?

Guess I have but me and the Mrs. to blame, but, wouldn't trade for the biggest striper, or,....... no.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, JettyPaul, I prefer digitally (and cellularly) challenged. Thank God for kids, or (though I don't know what I am doing), I really wouldn't know what I am doing.

Now, do I need another plug in card to upload (or is it down load) pics? And, if not, someone tell me where to plug the SOB in (even my daughters can't figure out). Pentax, film, Kodak, life "was" easy. :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
There might be a USB cable that plugs into your camera and computer that lets you upload the pics. If not, you will have to get a reader for your memory card, which ever type that might be.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat and me had to cancell our trip for Saturday. The marina called Monday and said they had to haul my boat Saturday instead of next Friday as scheduled. Something about space allocation. So any fishing between now and 3/15/04 will be from terra firma.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, Catman, you git a hoover craft, and I'll get my dog a cell phone:cool:

Would love a spring invite, though I am not a "boat" fisherman, and those who have seen, not a pier guy either, but I do know (or at least feel I know) good people, and you "Hon" and Hat are two intrigueing, yet honest people (who let this surf guy in), and I thank you and all else here who made me feel like family.

Got's to go, getting the "warm fuzzies", but thanks Nick, and if appropriate (or empty spot I am tiny, on the boat), I'd love to join you in the spring.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Need help, no prob.

First thing is start to play with that thing. Don't wait until that moment you don't want to miss is infront of you. Second thing is play with it some more. E-mail some photos, post some to the board, it will force you to learn to use your software. Last thing if you need more help call me, you have my #. Today when you go out and get that new cell phone it will be free on nights and weekends! :D....Tightlines

One ringy dingy
Two ringy dingy....Hello, what do you mean the weathers to bad, don't come down. Haaa, you caught how many nice fish?

Come to think of it, you better get a handheld GPS too with a brother like that....LOL Welcome to 2004 my friend. :eek:

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Digital Camera..

Personally, I hate digital cameras with a passion (old time 35 mm shooter) but I got one for fishing that is cheap and lets me post photos. Last year I picked up the Vitatar VivaCam10 for under $50 at Walmart. This way I don't have to worry about the sand and saltwater ruining an expensive camera. For me - its plug and play and if it dies, so what?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have a Finepix 2800Z and it works great. All the pictures I took of the hurricane Isabel was taken by this camera. I have a lot of 35mm equipment that I have put aside. I have set up a mobile sysem where I can take the picture, download it to the laptop and print it on the spot.Works great on vacations and fishing trips.
The camera was on sale at Wally World for $260..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts