Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a nice Long weekend!! I hope you can all get out and do some quality fishing. I will be fishing for smallies in Craig Creek VA all weekend. Be safe and courteous on the roads. Watch out for cops and Boozehound drunk drivers. They will both be out in greater numbers than usual. :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That's right wish everyone well on the long weekend. Maybe I will see you out there on the water!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the greeting Oldbay.I might be out fishing smallies too.I fish the Cedar River here in Iowa.Its not bad for Iowa,a lot of small fish but a nice one once in a while.I got a 16" last weekend.Rebel tiny-wee crawdad is the hot bait here.How bout in Va what is your favorite.Good luck hope you hook up with some nice Bronzebacks !!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In VA

I was having a pretty good time fishing a Rapala floating 2" rainbow trout crank bait. When the sun got high and the fish got deep and covered up I was doing well with a skirted green weedless jig worked reeel slow. :D Biggest fish was a 12" smallie but we all had fun.

·
Registered
681 Posts
???

What is a smallie? small mouth bass?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep

Smallie = Small Mouth Bass. You have probably used fish bigger than the ones I was catching for Bait. Smallies fight pretty well though. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts