Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Skates an Doggies an wind!

That about sums it up. Fished more in bad conditions down there than I normaly do but could only manage skates an doggies. Fri. at th point there were 3-4 big drum an some yearling too. I didn't see em an now that I think about it I didn't see a fish with scales this weekend. Oh well this wont be th last trip this year. ;)

Oh yeah almost forgot,caught my every other trip bird on Sat. night. Little bugger dragged my rod an reel into th wash while I was trying to free him.Bird was freed healthy an I guess I needed to clean my reel anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Cdog,

Attempt OI at all ? Fish any further north of OI or did ya stick to the Point ??

Back here at the ranch, best schoolie beach striper bite over weekend was apparently early mornings (4-7am) at the Lesner. Not all too much else doin' :rolleyes:

better catch next time,

`bucket

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bucket, didn't make it to OI till today an only a little while at that. Heard rumors of good fish there Friday while I was getting skunked on th Point.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Cdog, you didn't miss much. I fished IO a lot over the Holidays. The only fish caught were when the wind had some East in it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I rented a house in Avon from Sunday 11.23.03 - Saturday 11.29.03, and I got 2 flounder all week and those were on that first Sunday at the Oregon Inlet Catwalk.

Saw a ton of skates and dogfish caught all week. Heard of guys getting Stripers at night on the Catwalk, and from boats in the Oregon Inlet wash, but I didn't see any.

Where I stayed we were closer to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, so I fished the jetties down there a lot, and saw one 15" Speckled Trout, and one 20" puppy drum caught all week.

When we drove out onto Hatteras Point to look around 3-days in a row, saw a bunch of skates and dogfish being caught, but that was all.

THROW MORE BIG ONES BACK / PICK SOME GARBAGE UP

Jake Ace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts