Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any of you have stayed at this campground. I have stayed at Ocean Waves and Camp Hatteras and Ocracoke campgrounds. Thinking about staying here April 10 - May 10. Would be quick access to the point and the ferry to Ocracoke. Thanks

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I have. Nice, nothing special but nice. Good hot water and clean bath houses...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well your right. I meant it was closer to the point than staying at Rodanthe area where I usually stay.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Frisco woods would be a great choice, IMO ..... I lived near it for over 4 yrs, walked my dog there a lot during the off season, nice shaded campsites are available, right at ramp 49 and about the same distance to the point as it is to ramp 55 and the ferry docks, nice tackle shops close by ...... Miss that area a lot .... River

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The other really nice one is the NPS campground right that at the entrance to ramp 49.
A lot of the sites are quite secluded, and if you can get one of the sites at the top of the hill, in the back, you have spectacular views of the ocean and views looking north and south on the island.
TjB

·
Registered
69 Posts
We stayed at Hatteras Sands Campground for five days. The three of us rented one of the cottages in July. The cottages were clean and so was the bath house. The only problem we had, it rained and a pond formed out in front of the cottages which we had to walk through to get into the cottage. After the second day massive amounts of Mosquitoes showed up. There is a little canal on the property that my fourteen year old son fished and caught small red drum and flounder. It can get extremely windy when a storm blows through, I saw a lot of tents get blown down at night. Overall a nice campground, bring plenty of money if you plan on eating out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts