Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and I took a trip to the OBX this past weekend and were blessed with good fishing so that my daughter had an enjoyable time. Thursday evening and Friday morning we fished from Jennette's Pier and caught numerous bluefish on gotcha plugs. Around Mid Morning on Friday we headed south and walked out Ramp 38, water was clean with bait all over the place. We decided to throw metal after no takers on bait, and my daughter was surprised by a late season Spanish that ate her lure and watching her fight it to the beach was an awesome sight and the excitement on her face made the whole trip worth it. We caught a few sporadic blues through out the rest of the day on metal. Saturday morning we headed out to the Buxton beaches and walked toward ramp 43 from the old lighthouse access. We found a hole and proceeded to catch blues on finger mullet rigs on just about every cast until about lunch time. We tried the Rodanthe beach access that afternoon but the tide had bottomed out by the time we got there so we had no luck, but the folks fishing said that there was a good bite that day on the fall mixed bag.

Headed back Saturday for a week...hope to find that elusive drum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.