Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be down that way next Tuesday till Sunday. I've never fished down that way, always fish Nags Head area. I plan on hitting Avon pier some and the surf the rest. Will be staying at the Sea gull motel. Is the surf good around that area? Is there any other areas I can park and get to the surf easily? I won't have 4x4 so the point is out of consideration, unless one of you friendly FHB's want to take me out and teach me the secrets to fishing out there. Thanks Josh

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Josh. Drumdrum is right, the old lighthouse location is a good place to fish. I will be there the same time. I am willing to taxi you to the point. The only fee I charge is beer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kinda the same deal with us..wife and I will be down next Thurs (night/late) leaving Sunday. Have reservations at...the sea gull room 105 or 106 is what I asked for..but, wife is thinking about staying next door at the Hatteras cabanas. I love the sea gull myself. Clean room, quiet, no frills type of place. But, she will win this one Im sure. We too will be fishing the beach along there and the pier in Avon. No 4wd here but, the point isnt for relative beginners like myself and especially her so no biggie. Also, last time I was down there, someone suggest somewhere near the ferry docks might be a good flounder spot. Not sure where exactly but, something to think about.

If you see us, feel free to introduce yourself. We will be the only ones fishing out of a blue prius, I can about bet on that! lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Buckles we will be in a white honda pilot with WV plates. If you see us give us a shout. I want to catch some nice flounder and sheep's but want to focus manly on reds. Are the flounder and sheep's around now and what else can I expect to be around? Josh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Buckles we will be in a white honda pilot with WV plates. If you see us give us a shout. I want to catch some nice flounder and sheep's but want to focus manly on reds. Are the flounder and sheep's around now and what else can I expect to be around? Josh

Will do!

Drum bite is on from what I have heard. Avon pier has had several big drum posted last few days, along with blues and mullet.The point seems to be hopping with drum as well. Locals can probably give a better idea but that is what I have heard and read.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I keep seeing all the reds being caught. I think that's why I'm going to have a hard time fishing for anything but reds. Hooked my first one in September and that's all I can think about. And Haterrasurf what kind of beer should I bring if I need a ride to the point?

·
Registered
28 Posts
We caught several sea mullet and one of each of the following sheepshead, bluefish, and flounder at ramp 38 in Avon. We caught them right on the other side of the ramp. Really easy for you to walk over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will be there Sat 11/14 till Tues. Staying at Ken and Jody's, 1st time. I will be driving 07 silver Toyota 4X4 extended cab, no racks or cap, just rods in back. Va tags KGE1035. If anyone see's me stop and say Hi, would appreciate any help or company.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sounds like a busy weekend! we are still coming but, she (wife) officially booted us out of the sea gull. Its either going to be the cabanas or koru for us...my bet is koru so she can spend more damn money in the spa. Will know later tonight when I get to home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts