Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I got up around 5 a.m. today to see about this striper business... Well today is the last day before some weather moves in so I cruised down to the inlet. It was just awesome looking out there today, really just a beautiful morning... The boats were all leaving, sun was just creeping over the horizon, ice in the puddles, but somethign very strange happened this morning... there was no wind! I had all but given up on seeing a glassy day until May down here, as the wind is freakin relentless. Well birds and dolphins were playing all over the place and me and a bud setup shop on the inlet.

6 hours and 2 moves later, not even a bite, just a durn pelican flapped into my line briefly making me almost spill my coffee when the clicker screamed.. I did find a spot with some bait and caught enough to last a few months!! :eek::D

I also saw a huge sea turtle back in the sound, at first it looked like a dang alligator, it freaked me the hell out. (In retrospect it could've been a huge snapping turtle, but since I only saw it for a brief second, it looked HUGE). Gathered up some oysters (I ate 3 dozen last night :cool:) hehe. Then hit the beach to become re-educated in skate 101. I now have a masters degree in skateology... I was foul hookin them they were so thick.

Heard of a few rocks showing up here and there, but none for me yet. I'm pretty sure fishing for them is very similar to drumming. I have caught many stripers in saltwater, but none of them the size of what most of you guys are catching out there.

All in all it was one helluva good day and maybe I can get back out this week before it cools WAY down...

P.S. Whats your favorite way to cook oysters? I steamed 2 dozen last night, and grilled another dozen... The ones I grilled were much better IMHO.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sounds like a good time never the less.

But by the sound of things, I'm thinking you may have had either one too few cups of coffee or one too many:D

Oysters, Don't get no better than fried from the Cajun Queen on 7th in Charlotte NC
Em R some good eatin!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks for the report.. Oysters,I like em raw,steamed, or grilled as long as i have a little hot sauce and a few:beer:..Were the ones you got good and salty..?? (local ones)?/

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey guys!

P.S. Whats your favorite way to cook oysters? I steamed 2 dozen last night, and grilled another dozen... The ones I grilled were much better IMHO.

You are supposed to cook em. I thought that was what Chalula did. Just a dab of that and suck em down.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Crack em raw in a shot glass, splash a little hot sauce and lemon....add vodka.

Voila....dinner and drinks in a glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts