Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I nominate Hat80 for August angler of the month. His selfless dedication to rights of fisherman should be enough get him selected. The whole Boycott North Beach thing would not be happening if it werent for him. He has sacrificed many fishing hours to fight the good fight so we pier fisherman can have a productive place to fish and socialize with one another.I think he should get the honor..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I second that nomination! Hat80's efforts has made all of aware that we as a group must take care of our fishing resources. Isn't that what the Tank clean-up is all about?

Catman.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I third that nomination. He has taken it upon himself to try to keep another location open 24 hours a day for us to fish at. We need more guys like him around.
-Anthony

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Sounds very good to me..He certainly deserves it..
Count my vote..

·
Registered
196 Posts
He cartainly gets my vote.

1. NBP night fishing ban.
2. Points out good spots to the rest of us.
3. Willing to share techinques and tactics.
4. Provides solid advice on tackle.
5. Not married to any particular brand.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thats right just remember to actually nominate someone you should "Swamp" Sandflea with email on why you think that person should be angler of the month. Like reddog1 said I think we know who it will be right gang;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
How about it sandflea, he has worked hard and for the benefit of other fisherman. It ain't all about fishin', or catching the biggest, the man stood up took charge, and went against a bigger fish than any of us have had the pleasure to hook into.

Premature maybe, but congratulations Hat80:D , in my book, no matter what you are "Angler of the Month". :cool:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm sure Hat80 will have his day in the sun, but I have to stand behind cocoflea as the choice for August Fisherman of the Month. As pointed out on other threads, our Connecticut Yankee has been working overtime to keep the newly formed New York/Connecticut board alive. Slowly but surely the interest has risen, and we don't know how many new members we've picked up because of his efforts to recognize the North Atlantic coast. Congrats, cocoflea, and keep up the good work. I hope you knock their socks off at Montauk!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hat80 has my boat -- erhh, I mean vote! Seriously, Ol' Hat does deserve a ton of recognition. I have no problem with voting him in for September (gee, Flea -- guess you better start on Hat's bio now... That'll free up Labor Day weekend for you!)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well I'm out of hankies,

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your kind words. It means alot that people care and support what I'm doing with the NBP Boycott.

I didn't do this for recognition, I did it because alot of people out on that pier were at a loss as to what they could do. It's a shame but most people will throw in the towl and walk away. As I had the time and know how to get to these so called public servants, I made a stand for all.

Part of it for me is very personal. I was raised in that area and have alot of memories out on that pier as far back as 1957. I've forgot more about NB and it's history then anyone on that town council will ever know. I'll be damned if their going to wipe it out with no input from the public and the stroke of a pen!

We all need to grab the Bull by the horns and take care of our resources. The Tank is a start but it go's far beyond that. When flea gets this new forum up we all need to use it. We need to spread out and work together and tell these people, DON"T TREAD ON ME! I WON'T TAKE IT!

Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. People forget just how powerful the pen and paper is. You can make the difference, you just need to take the time to do it.

My congrats to cocoflea for the Top Angler honor. The man is worthy of it and besides he's one of us, he gets my vote hands down.

Again thanks to everyone and I hope to meet and fish with you all
one day soon.....Tightlines, Hat80 ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts