Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in a fishing mazine about cuting a wiffle ball and inserting your sinker when fishing in the rocks. It is suposed to save rigs from geting caught in the rocks. Any input? There might be a problem if you fish in the current. I have not tried it yet. I'm sure it is hard to cast.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I have heard of this done before. It sounds like a neat idea but am not sure I will ever try it. I think people might laugh at you when you get to the water with a wiffle ball attached to your pole. Although they might stop laughing when they lose all their rigs. It definitely would cut down on cast and would be very hard to hold bottom in current with the shape of the ball. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey jigmaker do you think you might make it out to the next choptank cleanup. Many a people were impressed by your "jig making" skills. I know you said it was a hobbie but that hobbie might pay pretty good. Especially on the "other" board.:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd like to go to the next Choptank cleanup, but the Cheif of police declared a crime emergency and my days off have been changed to thursday and friday until the first of October. On top of that he restricted leave. I'll be on the look out for other events.

Making jigs would be a great way to make some extra cash but my time is limmited with work. It is not hard to do, just some equipment and supplies. I'm working on about ten 1.5 oz. jigs with blaze orange heads. I'm not sure what color buck tail is going to be on them. I need to test some color paterns out on a boat. The eight oz. jigs need to be trolled and I do not have a boat to test them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
saving rigs on the rocks

If you take either spark plugs or a few washers and tie them to a a rubberband and attach the rubberband to your snap swivel along with the rig of your chosing, if you get caught in the rocks the rubberband is the weakest link and it will snap, the only thing you lose is the washers or spark plug saving your hooks and line.:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts