Pier and Surf Forum banner

Has anyone eaten

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  inawe 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there ever tried eaten Robin fish,I was given four very large ones yesterday about 3lbs. each or just chuck them? TRIGGER:barf:

#10 ·
I think I told you before but when I was in NJ last year I caught a many of them buggers over the 5 lb range. The seem to be all head and gut. What exactly would you eat off of them.

#12 ·
And that's the magic fluke bait I presume. might have to try if I ever get up your way again.

#16 ·
Greetings Jason!

The white/orange color combo on the belly seems to work best. Of course, this is the thinnest piece of meat, so it has better action. Although I will cut up a sea robin or two for bait, I am against the idea of chopping them up for no reason and tossing them over the side. This is now against NJ regulations (and about time!)

#17 ·
The past two years the Sea Robin population seems to be getting larger during the bluefish contest I caught 27 of them while jigging for blues, if this keeps up I might have to try them. And just remeber looks don't make a fish taste bad think of how ugly the Monkfish and Wolf fish look and there taste is excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.