Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the area and just got started into the salt water fishing. I've been going to harrisons and catching alot of fish but nothing with any size. I've went out on the head boats off the pier and out of Lynnhaven but nothing but croakers. I was wondering if anybody could give some advice on how and where to catch spadefish and flounder:jawdrop:

·
Registered
634 Posts
go to rudee inlet on the railing next to the lighthouse resturant..bring some live minnows(gudeons) and you can catch flounder all day...

·
Registered
176 Posts
You're pretty much going to need a boat for spade fish. If you want to target flounder get ready to catch alot of non-keepers. Minnows or jigs with split-tailed grubs are my tools of choice for flounder.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Big bait / Big fish or a skate :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
how do you get to rudee inlet from va beach? or lets say from lynnhaven. ive never been there before. how far is it?lots of fish? easy access?

·
Registered
634 Posts
just go all the way to va beach strip and take atlantic blvd all the way to south end...when the road does a loop..the lighthouse resturant is right there...you will see the ppl fishing against the railing and banks........i have caught atleast 10-20 maybe more per trip fishing off the railing using gudeons....i havent caught any keepers ,biggest one was 16 inches....but i have fun catching that many flounder in a day......the best area to fish if right off the railin into the inlet.....along the banks...ppl mostly catch croaker and spot...get there early to get a spot on the railings.lots of locals who fish there every day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lesner Bridge

I dont know if its constant or not but the last time I was at the Lesner bridge the most fish caught were flounder. One was 16 but I didnt see any keepers. Like blue bird said there are a lot of non-keepers. But its still fun!!:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
SWEET!! thanx for the directions. so its not like 10-15 min from the strip? im stayin on the beach next week. do trout or blues or sharks hang out there? any good at night??

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
You missed the Grey Trout bite from late April to May....I have yet heard or seen any more monster trout caught @ Ruddee.
Snapper Blues,spot,croaker,your occasional keeper flattie is all I have heard @ Ruddee.
The Pups should be there any day now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lynnhaven

fished lynnhaven today with minnows and caught a couple of small flounder.. enjoyed being able to be in the water and fish thanks for all the help out there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts