Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went buy harrisons pier today for the first time since the storm.. i heard it was gone but id seen it damaged before 50 foot sections at a time... but i was totally shocked when i saw it was litterally gone.. maybe 25 pilings left sticking out of the water out of a 1400 foot long pier. it was stunning.
But what really got me was all the fan support written on the walls of the restaraunt/bathrooms. i must have read 200 little notes that people wrote it actually choked me up.. ive fished harrisons many a time and met some good people on there .but the fishing usually sucked other then catching a ton of undersized flounder which is entertaining especially for the kids.
Im gonna miss that pier now that its gone and i feel a part of me is gone aswell... i hope judy boone see's all this support and her wallet dosent take over her heart and she decides to rebuild.. even though it will never be the same its a start..

I SUPPORT THE REBUILDING OF HARRISONS PIER!.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Eagle-

Those notes/messages written on the bathrooms/restaurant are worth the trip to Harrisons - just to read them. Brings back a lot of memories, and shows you just how important that pier was to people. It's like looking at a giant (concrete) scrapbook.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went by there a few weeks ago and signed the wall cause i fished that pier all summer and loved it i think somebody should take some pictures of the walls and send them to judy boone.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
If anybody has her e-mail it'd be good to give her a heads-up on this thread so she gets a sense of how much that pier meant to people and how grateful we'd all be if she puts it back up.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The news i heard today was...That judy boone didnt buy the pier her brother did.. and that he says there going to rebuild... but... its rumord to be a concrete pier.. which sounds good but if its concrete its not going to be nearly as big... but thats just whats floating around the grape vine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A concrete pier would be nice but as said I don't see how it could be anywhere near as large, a 1500 ft concrete pier would be I guess 10 mill or so. Would be nice tho'....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts