Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Crap! Another one!

I have a bad feeling about Sandbridge. Going to have to change the name of the site to <strike>Pierand</strike>surf.com. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Future Piers

Someone needs to organize a donation fund to build another pier somewhere & to help repair the ones we have.

It ain't looking good for Sandbridge or VB Pier boys!

TGIF

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Any here how the Lynnhaven Pier is holding up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Harrisons Pier/This Is UGLY

Have not heard about the Lynhaven Pier yet. Where is Grafix Dude?

The really bad thing about Harrisons Pier is that the section gone is right in front of the Pier House.

TGIF

·
Registered
265 Posts
HARRISON PIER IS GONE!

No, Ladies and Gentlemen the Harrison Pier is GONE!
CRASHED INTO THE BAY. TOTALY WIPED OUT!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Harrison's gone!!!

Say it ain't so...my families hurting. We've spent the last fifteen summers visiting the ole pier. We'd proudly pull up in the car and somebodied say"It's still here". We feel like we've lost an ole reliable friend. It's a sad day.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
SandFlea any word on the other piers I know Lynnhaven and VA beach but I've see nothing about Grandview and Sandbrige or any others

·
Registered
79 Posts
SHOCKED AND BROKEN HEARTED!!

Thanks for the photos....I'm from New Jersey and we were there two weeks ago. We planned another trip in a week or two. Boy,I'm hurtin.....BAD!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was there Labor day weekend stopped by the pier didn't get a chance to fish was going back Columbus day weekend to fish that pier now I guess I never will and I'm wondering if there is any pier I'll be able to fish that weekend.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
The Pilot has written a piece on the damaged piers. Nothing is said about Sandbridge.

The reporter, Earl Swift, quotes from our Hot Spots profile of the Lynnhaven Pier. :) Would have been nice if he'd sourced us... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Buckroe Beach Pier.....Gone

I just looked at the photos of the damage and one is of whats left of Buckroe Pier. Only the pilings remain. I have never fished there and that was one of my destinations this year. My heart is breaking...........Tight Lines

MC

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
On the upside, maybe this will encourage all of us to find some new spots.

Piers can be rebuilt, houses can be reshingled. I'll just feel a lot better when power comes back on down there and everyone chimes in as present and accounted for.

Master Caster: Where did you see those photos of Buckroe?

At least it sounds like Sandbridge is still standing, though I doubt they'll reopen it until next year for safety reasons.

Daggone it, I'm still going drum fishing week after next!

·
Registered
467 Posts
The Link CocoFlea posted

I saw it on the link that was posted by Cocoflea. You have to cycle through the pics though. Also, they have pictures of Kitty Hawk Pier and a few others. One pier i saw now looks like 3 platforms with significant space between them. This is very sad.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the photos of Harrisons, Sand Flea! I've fished that pier for almost fifty years, and I'll miss it. But the bay looked beautiful in those photos, and that's not going anywhere. We just going to have to keep vigilant about public right of ways to access it. There has always been some great holes and sloughs near the jetties at Harrisons.
The city is allowing new developments to creep closer and closer to the beach, and ugly piles of riprap in the water to protect them. In the case of a motel adjacent to the the community beach, they allowed a riprap jetty twenty or thirty years back that blocks foot traffic up and down the beach.
I don't know what the beaches look like after this storm, but maybe we can all learn something from it.
For anyone who wants to see what oceanview and its beaches looked like 50-60 years ago check out the O.V Nickel Tour at www.rkpuma.com/ov/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts