Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished tonight (Thursday) from 11pm - 3am. Winds were calm for the most part, as was the water.

On the bottom - Caught a few pigfish and small croaker (which I used for live bait) on squid. Bite was pretty slow on the bottom!

Live Bait - Had one small run on a live croaker, and when I pulled him in, he was gone! Nothing else for me on live bait.

Had a swarm of Spec's under the lights at the end of the pier tearing up some minnows on top of the water. Landed about 12 Spec's with one keeper (gave it away). Was using a Spec jig (Shrimp Color) and they were nailing it pretty good.

End of the pier looked like they had a decent night with some Sharks (4-5 total that I saw) with the biggest looking around 15-20 pounds. I believe they were using cut bait and live bait.

Din't hear or see much of anything else.

Nice night out on the water.......

:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I was there

between the first and second shelters. Not much action going on in that area either. I was after small stuff......... though I had the right hooks to catch a shark with. I ended up with about a dozen pigfish for the night. Left around 4 am.

Specs under the lights. No wonder there was all that interest in that corner. A lot of them were pulled up. Seemed there was a lot of some other type activity. Something was keeping the baitfish jumping out of the water along the left side of the entire length of the pier. At first I saw a small skate/ray. Then silver colored fish coming up right in the middle of the baitfish. Interesting site to see and it was regular for the last couple hours I was out there. One of those sharks was taken bare handed back to the pay station. Still live and squiggling. I got too up close and personal when it was put down on it's journey there. They sure last a while out of water.
I'm heading back out there tonight, if my armband holds up. And if the weather does as well. It was perfect weather last night.

What's with the folks that camp out in the last shelter? They sure must be what one could refer to as "Pier Regulars" cause they were in that same spot last time I was there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The people that camp out in the last shelter is Colin and Patrick and i think there mom i cant believe they are still there they were there when i was there like 2 weeks ago. If it is them they are very nice folks that know a pretty good bunch about fishin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts