Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today on a headboat charter out of Harrisons 10:30-2:30 18 Bucks. Best 18 bucks spent in a long time, caught about 10 spots, 1 shark aprox 3.5 ft. , and so many croakers I had to put the cooler down 5 times before I made it back to the toyota.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Harrison's Boat Trip

What size were the croakers, and where did you fish? I've been out two of the last three Saturdays, mainly looking for flounders, but the croakers were small. Would be interested in getting some nice spots though. We fished last weekend up in the James River. Previousley we were out around the Thimble Shoal area. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, kajun Croakers are like that sometimes, that's why I try to carry squid,bloodworms and shrimp at all times---you never know what their taste will be for the day. Everytime I fish the spit, my luck has not been so good, (20 croakers from the spit is a good haul) Whats the secret? As far as spots go, I think everyone in Tidewater is on the hunt.

·
Registered
633 Posts
yea my buddy found it friday for $150 ..its an old aluminum 12ft seaking came with a minn kota trolling motor 28 lb thrust....i dont go out far....its very small ...basically it gets me out to the jetties (about as far as i can cast from beach)...which then gives me another 100 yards or so.....maybe i'll get braver and go farther later lol but last night showed me just how fast bad weather can come upon you out on the water...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.