Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harrison's' Trebuchet P3 blank is there anybody out there that knows anything about this blank ? Its 14'3" 8 to 12oz reversed ferrule.The ferrule looks to be carbon fiber reinforced. I bought this blank at fishsticks4u . It
is a British carp blank .I guess the question really is it a distance casting rod.
I bought this rod a couple of years ago and its just been lying around.I casted 8 oz bank sinker 145 yrds the other day and its got me starting to get the distance Itch and wondering if it would be better than my CTS 8 /12 oz or my fusion mag.

another question do yo think it would be easier to hit 200 yds with a
magged avet sx5 that has had a mag put on it by Bill ( sorry can't remember last name ) or a stock Blue yonder or stock torium 14 all reels have yellow rocket fuel . Or is that unrealistic and should I just send the Blue yonder down to be tricked out????
I know it's a lot of question but any help is appreciated

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For now I Think I,m looking for a reel capable of hitting 200 + yards but still
fish able . I was thinking if I could hit 200 I might try tournaments but I've got a long way to go ..
Is it unrealistic to hit 200 with 20 lbs line or do people do this???
The stick is a biggun I really don't know what that will do to my distance ??
Thanks again for the replies...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
harrison makes nice rods.
only bad thing i heard about them is that they get spongy after a long long time and heavy use.
probably something to do with their autoclave process.

but great rod nonetheless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.