Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question on 3R's. Is the action there pretty much the same as on AI, and bait the same, current the same or does the fact that around there the ocean "juts" in change things? Just wondering, because it seems on maps, though on the ocean at 3R's, land to the north juts out, and personally would feel that currents, fish species and other aspects of surf-fishing could be at least minutely different than at AI.

Have to admit though, shark population was real nice when I was there, and was lucky enough to have a nice one to walk up and down the beach with until he was in where I could get my rig back. Ah, the emotions the feeling one on one with the fish (or shark for purists), but there is something about it.

Maybe. I'll never really be a jetty kinda of guy with my love for the surf, but sometimes you just gotta hang the sign "GONE FISHING", and it really doesn't matter where.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
3rs is about the same as AI for the exeception of Red Drum.I hear they're catching Croaker,Kings,and small Trout on bloodworms right now.Some Blues and Striper can be in the same area chasing some of the Mullet that are starting to show.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts