Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw last night for the first time (AI report). But what artificials should I add to my tackle box? Everyone going for the gamers using artificials (black and white), and those going for flounder minnows. Or heck, is there a beach nearby?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
They got 3R's my friend, plus right next to the inlet is all beach at the mouth.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
The beach next to the inlet I have caught some croaker at before. In the inlet I have only caught skates. Hopefully somebody will point me in the right direction at the cleanup.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hey happy I want to try and get some flounder there too. I heard you can catch em by the coast guard station there. I have only caught skates back there. What's the deal?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Happy maybe my bad, but they were using minnows, and if not for flounder then what? Like I said last night was my first, and I always figure live minnies for flounders.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The Flounder might stick around for our clean up,but chances might be slim.I know Trout,Stripers,Blues,and Tautog will be there for us to catch.I'll probily try for Tog,they'll outfight a 3lb Croaker anyday.Somtimes Stripers and Trout can bite on minnows,but they are a Flounder bait;they might of been real novices no offence.

·
Registered
680 Posts
shaggy. there are flounder there untilaround thanksgiving. as for blues, rock[stripers] use a white bucktail with white worm. other lures will also work, and very well. i don't wish to get into now, but at the cleanup, i will be happy to talk and show you what i do.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
That would be very helpful bill will be looking forward to it!:D

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
When do the beaches close for swimmers?

BillR,

Don't the beaches at Delaware SP (3R's, etc.) close for swimming on a certain day? This leaves them open for fisherman - right?

·
Registered
680 Posts
i don't know if they close, but in oct they are unprotected beaches. you can fish them if you want. in fact, the last weekend in sept htere is a tourn., also the [email protected] 3rd weekends in oct. the beach will be losded with fishermen.on the north side you can walk on and fish but the surfers have first rights to that beach up to the sign posted for vehicles. there the four wheel drives havec the right of way.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
beaches close today!

sandcrab after today(labor day) the beaches are unprotected and swimmers have no dight of way which means its back to first come first served.in the next couple of weeks the "pretenders" will thin out too. pretenders are (and i don't like them) families that have discovered through word of mouth that the surf fishing areas are deserted during the day and why bother carrying stuff on when we can get a surf fishing tag and drive on so long as we "look" like we're fishing we'll be fine.but thats another debate.
starting nrxt week we reclaim the beaches!

·
Registered
680 Posts
mark is right, but that approx.200yrs of beach norht of the inlet is a surfing area.you can't drive on that space, but fishermen do walk on and fish near the jetty. if it gets crowded with surfers you will be asked to move.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Markedwards

markedwards,

Any idea what an out of state annual beach permit costs? Is it like AI, you buy an ORV permit and still buy an annual pass? I'd be interested in adding another sticker to the front of my vehicle (as long as it is cost efficient). WHen does the beach riding permit expier (a year from purchase like AI), and annual pass (12/31)?

Give me the "Bottom Line numbers".

·
Registered
680 Posts
an annual beach vehicle permit for a non-resident is $100. $90 for a senior[65]. they run from jan. 1 to dec. 31. during tournaments you can get a 3 day pass for $20. as of today, 9-1-03 the areas closed for piping plovers is now open you can drive to the point where the sign is. the bay side is still closed.:cool: :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.