Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Veteran's Day
I wanted to take this oppurtunity to say THANK YOU to all the veterans that belong to this site.Without you the world would be a different place.You gave up so much to insure that we all have the freedom to go fishing as well as live our lives the way we see fit.Thank your family's for they had to give up thier loved ones sometimes not knowing when they would see you again.Hope everyone tells a veteran how much they appreciate them and all their hard work especially today.THANKS AGAIN We love you guys. GOD BLESS THE USA

HAPPY VETERANS DAY !!!!!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I'll have to second that one, kudos to the VETS! Without them, how much fishing would we do for fun, and how much free speech like this site would we have. Some gave all for our freedom, and to them and thier families, a special thanks, and prayers. Though, politically incorrect, we ARE one nation, under God, and it is only by His blessings and the selflessness of those who served and are serving to protect this great country, do we have the rights, freedoms and capability to be who we are. God bless and keep the USA, and may he take care of all who are still fighting to keep this the land of the free, and may they return home safely.

On a side note, though relative, I want to send a special thank you to all Viet Nam veterans, who came home (or didn't make it home) not to the support or honor they deserved from quite a few of thier fellow countrymen, but with less than a simple thank you. My thank you is from the heart, though it may be simple, it's all I can give. Whether or not anyone thinks that war was just or not, many enlisted, and many were drafted to support the countries decision (I am not here to argue the right or wrong of that decision), but with enough simple thanks, may they all turn into the respect, honor and belated support from those you were serving, fellow Americans, couse, we are that one nation of many.

THANK YOU :cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well said guys, not much to add there!

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETS!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ditto to all those words that were said

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'd like to give heartfelt thanks to all the veteran's out there. One of my friends lost his dad to taliban fighters in afghanistan a couple of weeks ago so I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate the sacrifices made by veterans for america.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shaggy,

Well Said! Thank you! We are one nation under God! The h#$% with PC! Love It or Leave It! A veteran...;)
Macman

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Sorry Mac, you don't owe ME a thank you but you being a Vet, it's your day, you earned and deserve it. So once again Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
as a 9yr vet

i want to say how much i appreciate all the kind words. i have been out for 10 yrs now and i still miss it everyday.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank's for starting this thread..... Thank you so much Vet's. I love my America,and I love my freedom. Without you, we would have neither.Thank you so very much.
Suz

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ditto, Very well said!!!!

Thank You to all our vets out there and will pray for the safe return of the ones still fighting.

God Bless the USA!

Tim

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thanks to all of you for what you have done for us

This ones for you

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Freedom definitely isn't free. I'd like to add my thanks to all P&S veterans. We civilians can never appreciate the sacrifices that you have made.

Fred.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thank You ALL

For your service.

For the last couple of days, the media has been "scrutinizing" the behavior of a 19 year old woman, who was wounded in Iraq.

Where do they get the [email protected] to question her actions??????

When I was 19, I couldn't find my @zz with both hands and a flashlight.

I Salute EVERY ONE of YOU

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shaggy,

No 'sorry' needed big guy! After 23 years in USN, I never cottoned to "politically correct" leadership. Once again, thank you for your thoughts! :cool:

Macman

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Mac ,

First then, you are welcome, words from my heart, I may be small, but I do feel I have o big one. :eek: (Heart is what I mean)

Well seeing your resume, and growing up outside of Annapolis with many a football game at the USNA under my belt, and the Commander in Chief Trophy at stake (and in our grasps, after to long of a time spent in the Rocky Mountain air), and at the risk of offending other branches (after college got turned down due to a sticking heart valve, but I tried, guess the country didn't want me or didn't need me, but laughs on them they still got me here :) )

Go Navy, beat Army.

Enough said (at least until December).

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts