Sorry this is None fishing related.

Return of the King: Joe Gibbs
Skins 2004 playoof!! 2005 superbowl!!

What's your opion?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Sorry but....... :barf:

Didn't like the Skins when the Colts were in town, well, still don't. Gibbs, good coach (hall of famer), can't do worse than his predecessor, but in the years since his absence, might the game have changed a bit. Free agency, salary caps, you can't keep a "team" together very long any more due to money.

Just my thoughts.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
:jawdrop: I could not believe the news !!!
I hope you are right. After all the hype you know
I sure hope he 4-peats to the Superbowl

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Point

coun't have agreed w/ you more on this new era. But there is hope for them with Gibbs been here.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Be like us Baltimore fans after the Super Bowl, we lost a lot of players due to the $$$ thing, and we were happy to hope for a 500 record. It was nice getting back to the playoffs, but we knew, no quarterback, bunch of youguns, this year again, playoffs there would only be a slight chance (none if Pittsburgh was the Steelers of expectation) and we exceeded our hopes (again, thanks to the likes of Pitt, Cleveland).

Personally, Joe is a class act, and as much as I hate to admit, I wish him and you guys the best, I just think the "game" has changed.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If nothing else Joe can help people admit that they are redskins fans :D .

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Still the Dead Skin's.

The game has changed too much.

So he's hiring his old coaching staff back.

They won't be able to beat the Cowboy's or the Ravens next year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice post Crawfish! "New Sheriff in town" has the whole league wondering...hmm... Go Skins! As a football fan I sure wish the "Plowboys" and "Cave ins" all the best this year! 2nd best that is!;)

Macman:D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Surrounded by RedSkins!!!

I lived in Dallas most of my life.

Use to watch the PlowBoys back in the days of Don Meredith while they were still at the Cotton Bowl.

Those crowds would give plenty of abuse to the Skins!

I think that was (still is??) one of the worst rivalrys in Football!

When I moved here I totally forgot that I was in the enemy camp! :D

Bob

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Go Eagles

If anything the competition will get better in the NFC East for the Birds. It will be different having to worry about the Skins again! I'm glad for the fans that they will have something to look forward to in '04. :)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
How many years will Gibbs stick around for.....

I give him 2 3 years before he packs it in again.

He doesn't have the personnel and he won't be able to handle the long season pulling all-nighters watching game films.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They will still need to keep bringing the body bags to philly. Unless he can transplant spines in that bunch of quiters I can't see it being any better.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
The redskins have LOADS of talent and just
needed a coach with some discipline to come
in and lead the way. Dallas is rebuilding but
cannot go to the next level with the current
quarterback and Philly has been a let down
in the playoffs for three straight years, and
have yet to reach their potential. I expect
Washington to compete for the top spot
next season, and have a breakout year
in 05'.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have been a skins fan longer than some of you are old. It was hard to take when they got Deon and even worse with Spurrier. I never liked either one of those guys with their attitudes. At the very least we now have gotten back to people with some class. We will have to wait and see if it helps in the wins, but I bet it will.
They do have some talent to build on. IMHO

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
830 Posts
That okay Orest. Its not a life or death deal with me. Fishing is more important so I guess we agree on something.

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
232 Posts
Highcap56,

I've been around long enough to remember Dandy Don and the Cowboy teams of old. They were very good and gave the Packers all they wanted. I remember the Ice Bowl. The Redskins were 2 people Sonny J. and Charlie T. Rough times. Until Joe Gibbs showed up, there was only a glimmer of hope (Over the hill gang) which did not last at all. I hope the rivalry with the Cowboys will provide some great games for us all! (I also recall a 1-15 season that the Skins so graciously provided the single victory) With all of the new coaching changes, this year looks like one for all fans to cheer about! :D

Macman

1 - 20 of 24 Posts