Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions on a set of guides for an 8'6" Rainshadow blank. I will be building it as a casting rod.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Salt, up close.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think I'd go with the BYAG's and maybe even single foots to keep it light. Maybe even look at the titanium guides, in the smaller sizes they're not that much more than the regular SIC's. Small and as light as possible is the direction I would go. Maybe even spiral wrap it and use ceramic fly guides on the tip section.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If memory serves, that's a mod-fast blank,you may want to see where the action is concentrated and consider a double foot choker and one more double foot,from there single foot fly's possibly 6's or 8's to the tip. You could use 8-9 guides here as the light weight of the guides should not greatly effect the action. The increased number of guides will help distribute the load on the upper section of the blank. There are quite a few options for guides, depending on what you want to spend and how you want the blank to repond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.